Skip to content

Stop backlinks after get ranked?

This is a question on my head a time ago.

After I get ranked the position I want, let's say I got #1, should I stop backlinks on ser? Or do you guys continue sending backlinks for more a few days?

Thank you.

Comments

• RhymRhym Mājās :)
    edited July 2014
    I want to know this too, what most of you are doing in this case?

I've seen my site ranking for months after it reached #1 and stopped building backlinks.
    And on the other hand I continued to build backlinks even I ranked #1 for another site, and it still ranks.

• You should carry on but at a slower pace because over time some of the old links you've been building will disappear or lose power so it's better to compensate for those link losses.
  • steelbonesteelbone Outside of Boston
    if the site is making decent money...I would then invest in some more powerful links....Like some high pr links from a good blog network or something
  • looplineloopline autoapprovemarketplace.com
    Yes keep on, you can read up about link velocity.  For example, here is an article on Matthew Woodwards site regarding ranking a site with GSA, and the guest author  specifically talks about what happens when they stop building links after they rank. 

http://www.matthewwoodward.co.uk/tutorials/build-rank-spam-site-beat-google-updates/

But as steelbone said, investing in some qualtity authority links to help solidify your place long term is also a good idea. 
  • Exactly what @loopline said. Do some research on "link velocity" and make your own mind up. Of course, it all depends on what type of project you are running - C&B, Client, Long term etc. At the end of the day, you are trying to trick Google into displaying your site above everyone else - what would G think if your site suddenly stopped getting backlinks? Of course, this is only my thoughts, based on my results, so run your own tests..
  • Or, if you don't won't to run your own tests, lookup up @ron 's posts - a whole SEO tutorial in itself.
  • Very well, thank you all.

I would like to know about @ron opinion too, since I've been guided through him and the other serlists guys into my C&B campaigns.