Skip to content

Does Having Chinese Anchor Texts Hurt Your Rankings?

I was wondering if having Chinese anchor texts, specifically from the guestbook platform would affect your rankings in a negative way, even if I'm doing churn and burn where I need to get all the links I can possibly get. Will these platforms that give Chinese anchor texts still help out since a link is a link, or should I uncheck them because they are hurting me?

Comments

• DedeIMS is always bad news, BUT crawlers like over estimate the percentages...

1. Refresh the page in one minute (homepage, usually is domain.tld/plus/guestbook) and you see a whole new page of entries, that's how fast it's spammed. That means it's also indexed by more people than most sites in one day, so it goes through probably 100 or so indexers in one day.

Other sites are picked up by Google too, but not ahrefs because they aren't indexed/abused/as active as DedeIMS.

Also, DedeIMS is paged, so if ahrefs sees a link on page 23, it will count pages 1-22 as well, so 22x more backlinks than Google actually counts
  • Anyone else's opinion if I should use these engines when doing churn and burn?
  • I belive it doesnt hurt as long as you dont have the most backlinks in chinese. 

Just look at it this way ...if you are a normal webmaster you cant control who links to you and in what language.