Skip to content

get more comment and article links to stick

sing99sing99 Los Angeles
I see that many of the comment links I looked at in my account do not have any links back to my money site. I realize some blog admins delete these, but do you have any tips on how I can get more comment and article links to stick?

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    You'll probably have a higher stick rate if you don't use the default comments, but instead write your own. I'm not sure if you're selecting the option to have the link embedded in the comment itself, if so, that will also raise more flags when a moderator see's the comment.
  • sing99sing99 Los Angeles
    Thanks for the tip s4nt0s
    I discovered that blogger comments require a login, so none of my blogger comments are being posted.  How do I insert my gmail login credentials into GSA so my comments and links will be posted to blogger blogs?
    It's not just blogger.  I'm seeing a lot of blogs that don't have my comments, but a few that do.  Where do I increase the time out?  Any ideas for another solution?
  • Go to the path where you installed SER and in the engine folder you can find whatever engine you wish to edit. Look through the file a little and it will be obvious what you need to change to increase the wait time before SER removes a submitted url.
    Thanks fakenickahl,

At C:\Program Files (x86)\GSA Search Engine Ranker\Engines\Blogspot.es.ini

I see:

*****part of Blogspot.es.ini**********
    ;if set to 0 we asume that the submission was successful (if submission_success matched)
    verify submission=1
    ;can be email (parse email and click link), search (use search from there page) or url (just download that url agan and check)
    verify by=url
    ;minutes to wait after each verification check
    verify interval=300
    ;when to give up checking for the set link in minutes (in this case 5 days)
    verify timeout=7200
    first verify=0
    verify search detail url=0
    *****end part of Blogspot.es.ini**********

It looks like I can increase these variables:
    verify interval=300
    verify timeout=7200

I also see several references to email.  When posting a comment to blogger you can comment with an account at:
    Google
    LiveJournal
    WordPress
    TypePad
    AIM
    OpenID
    Name/URL
    Anonymous

Which one does GSA use?  Are they randomized?

When I post a comment manually using a gmail account, my posts are successful.

Why are they less successful in my use of GSA?  What setting(s) should I tweek?

• It really only makes sense to increase the verify timeout and you should only do so if you believe your comments will get through manual moderation.

I am not sure if SER even creates an account for blogspot comments. You will have to look through the registration steps to figure this out in the engine file. I would check for you, but I am currently on my phone. Also it would be a good idea to turn on debugging within options while running only the engines in question to see exactly what SER is doing.