Skip to content

How to get more out of serlists ?

Till now i bought around 8 blue lists and this time i bough redlist because it doesn't involve recaptchas. But when ever i use your lists gsa is unable to post to all the targets in the list. If there are 3000 article sites in a blue list, i get around 500+ articles sites for a project. Why does this happen and I follow all the instructions you guys tell in guides and gsa forum on how to using the lists ? I mostly feel it because of captchas and emails. I use 10 yahoo email accounts per project and change them regularly.

I have also seen many recaptchas in blue list and today's redlist 9 too ?
Are you guys sure that we can use the list just using GSA SER and CB ?

I think you guys use different email accounts and not just yahoo or hotmail. If you guys are able to post to those targets, why i cannot i post to them. I am only able to post to only 30 - 40% of the targets from the list and not 100%.

Settings I use:
Contextual Links
Exact settings as in serlists guide.

The same thing happening from a month not just once or twice.

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    edited July 2014
    Hi @sampath,

The first important thing is to try and try again to post to the list. There are many reasons why you can't get the link; proxy failed, connection timed out, captcha failed.

So post to the list over and over and also you can try putting captcha retries to 7 or 10 to ensure every chance of success.

Second problem is that contextual links are sometimes removed very quickly and further posting to the site is prevented. This comes back to something @ron mentioned a long time ago. You can imagine some guy with his shared hosting account starts getting hit with 100s of SER users all trying to post at the same time. Likely his host will suspend the site because of the amount of resources he is using. So sometimes it pays to run the list again a week or two after it has been sold because some of those sites will have come back up or been moved to a new host etc.

Thirdly, you will never be able to get 100% of the links on any list. I have bought so many lists as well as building my own and you simply can not get all of the links once you run the list yourself. The same thing happens when you try to post to your own verified list - You may have 1 million links verified but once you try and post to them again, no way will you get even close to the 1 million total.

Finally, proxies are a big issue. We are currently testing new suppliers. EZ Proxies were recommended by somebody but we tried them and they shut us down because they couldn't handle the volume we were putting through! lol

So as soon as we find a better proxy supplier. that can handle SER volume, we will let everyone know.
  • I have seen many captchas that are not solvable by CB, but you guys said blue list can be used by GSA SER +CB.

I have seen same issue in yesterday's red list too ?

Thank you @serlists !
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    Both lists were built with only CB, are you sure you are not using your verified list or some other list that requires OCR?
  • I am not sure if they recaptchas or not but CB is not solving few capatchas.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, all targets are done by GSA-CB, so there is really no other choice. It comes down to retries. We have it set at '3'. You can always up to '5' and that should solve just about all of them on the first pass.

Please remember that subsequent passes will most definitely capture them into your verified with no problem. I'm a user too, and it will happen :)