Skip to content

How many threads do you recommend me to use on GSA?

Hi !

I have a windows VPS with solidseovps, 6.8GHZ, dual core, 2GB ram, 1 Gbps bandwidth. How many threads should I use? (I have 20 semidedicated proxies and 5 private ones).

Thanks so much!

Comments

• @rduque‌: no 2 setups are the same. A general rule of thumb is 10 threads per proxy. That's the starting point. Keep increasing threads until you start seeing a lot of "download failed" in your log, and then back it down.
  • Satans_Apprentice  Thanks for responding. I will follow your advice. Could you tell me why appears "download failed" in the log? and why is it connected with the number of threads? 

• From my experience with proxies like this i suggest you use 100 threads for best results.

I am not sure the ram is enought for more either but the CPU can handle alot more threads then that.
  • with no proxies  I run 300 - 600 easy with good results. 
  • edited July 2014
    Yep, im running 600 with only the proxies that the software download itself.
    Im using a 2Core VPS with good RAM.
    Also im using 300 threads at the sdame time for the indexer, and everything works fine.

I tried to purchase proxies but i dont like the results, so i go back to the proxies that GSA harvest.

I also tweak much everything, until i get good results, im a tweaking guy he he

Im getting 500 verified backlinks per hour right now.

• @yenerich are you getting 500 verified/hour with an AA list or do you let GSA find the sites?