Skip to content

Identify and sort in, or run raw url list?

2»

Comments

• Someone PMed my asking me what scrapebox addon I used above. For the benefit of others I paste my reply here,

Scrapebox Google Competition Finder - allows you to check the amount of pages indexed in Google for a list of keywords to help perform competition analysis.

If your footprint shows very little pages indexed in Google, remove it...
  • HI All, 

sorry to chip in late on this one. 
    I am scraping in SB leave it overnight so i get a list of 100k for example - I then delete duplicates (but do not trim to root) 

I then go to GSA and upload the list, with identify platforms. 

Am I doing this all wrong? sorry to ask the list bit is a little unclear to me. 

Should I be trimming to root in SB?
    should I not be uploading all these links to a global list to use across all tiers/projects?
  • >Should I be trimming to root in SB?
    No need. SER will know what to do with the raw urls.

>should I not be uploading all these links to a global list to use across all tiers/projects?
    If you're using "identify and sort in", you're uploading to the global list.

• edited August 2014
    If you think about it some of the platforms are on a sub directory. If you trim to root SER won't know the CMS is there since it was installed on a sub directory. Trimming to root can make you miss targets.
  • @olve1954 thanks that helps clear things up - to confirm, building up the global list is what i want to be doing? And choosing to run a set list on a tier would 'turbo' boost that specific tier?