Skip to content

gsa starter questions

Hi All, 

Finally got my GSA up and running - so far so good, starting slow and building up as per many threads on here. Also using Kontent machine. 

There are some questions I have below and any help would be really appreciated: 

I have a 3 tier project as outlined below: 

Q1/
 I have set Tier 1 to make 1-15 links per day, both in T1 main and T1 secondary
Tier 2 I have set up (main and 2nd) to make 50 links per day 
Tier 3 I have open to make as many links as possible. 

Is this correct?

2/ GSA seems to build 2 of the profiles at any time, should i not build all tiers at once?

3/ Can I use 1 Tier 1 'blueprint' in kontent machine, for all the tiers? or does it all have to be separte?

5/ in the target address box, should i a few domains/pages?

4/ Tier 1 <---- Secondary t1
 ^
 |
Tier 2 <---- Secondary T2
 ^
 |
Tier 3 <---- Secondary T3

For each tier, say T1 - I have Wikis, Web 2.0, articles, social networks

I have read that people keep directory links separte to these. Is there any specific need to do this, and should I set up each Item individually for each tier. i.e. 
T1
---web2.0s
---articles
---SN

or is it fine to group them all in one for the tier. 

Comments

• HI all - just wanted to bump the thread, as using this info for my case study - any help would of course be greatly appreciated. 

thanks
  • On questions where is not one answer nobody will answer...
    In other words - on all questions I can answer with one word. = DEPENDS
  • ah @botman thanks for the response. 

Yes i know it depends, but was looking for more specific. 

lets try and make it a bit more specific. 
    I am building a site (say for dog walking, not this but lets say for arguments sake) 
    It doesn't have masses of competition, however there is a good product that I know if I have a site up it can make some good money. 
    I dont mind about a churn and burn, but would ideally want the site to stick a little longer, so semi decent content is needed. 

Q1, needs just some general comments, is this a good way to set up for a test run and see what can happen
    Q2. is a yes or no - can i use the same blueprint , yes or no
    q3. again yes or no, this is a generic question
    q4. yes or no
    q5. again yes or no. 

thanks for responding, I am happy to take a hypothetical answer based on building a case study that will show some results. 

• Q1 - comments are useful long time, and will hurt more your site than no comments. Of course is you have some comments on High PR moderated sites then it could help, with some I mean literally some and obvious this is not job for SER.

Q2 - you can build all your tiers simultaneous 

Q3 - Better separate your content for tiers

Not sure i understand other questions correctly 
  • great stuff thanks @botman

So basically re kontent machine - each tier should have a different blueprint. 

Q1 was more about the setup and link building amounts.

Q2/ great - although bit of a problem with the setup (made a separate question on the help board) 

thanks again