Skip to content

No Engine Matches on Verified List...

This doesn't make sense. I'm running freshly scraped and processed verified lists across three of my servers and all are 0.04-1.00LPM and getting no engine matches. I'm running contextual only and only T2/3 and allowing posting to the same domain for x amount of times/accounts/registrations so I don't get why there are no engine matches. Surely if I'm running my processed lists and choose the engines, then only those engines are called upon from the verified list?

Comments

• I've noticed this too. Not sure why it happens, will like to see the answer.
  • how big is your list? maybe the quality of your list is not so good.
  • They are bought lists.
  • Same here - also seeing a lot of wrong engine? Not sure I remember seeing that before?
  • edited July 2014
    I imported SERLISTS list 8 and I get tons of "no engine matches". Proxies are fresh and new, they all work an settings have been the same since a long time. Guys in buyproxies say I have a bad list. Guys in serlists say it's my proxies or maybe I should get ser support. So far no solution. @sven‌, @ron‌, @Satans_Apprentice‌
  • Just check a handful of sites manually if they're alive or not and you could eliminate this possibility.
  • Tested a handful and they seem fine..
  • "Skip proxies for identification". Why use proxies for identification? If the proxies are bad or slow or unstable, SER may report "no engine matches"...
  • edited July 2014
    TBH I am changing my proxies next. I'm starting to not like BuyProxies. They get pissy when you ask for replacements but agree that they're dead. I run low threads on all servers but the same proxies (maybe this is the problem). Maybe I should stop being a cheapskate and get 3-400 proxies...but the cost makes me sick. 

BTW, my OP wasn't about SERLists, it was another provider and my own scraped and processed lists.
    On another server I'm getting this from my own list but I expect that to have low success rates as I'm processing my own lists.
  • This wasn't intended to be against SERLists, just a tip to make sure it's not an issue with the targets :)
  • Hi 

I posted something yesterday to say I was getting a lot of no engine matches as well on my list. I am using SER Lists. I not sure what the problem is and I do not think it is the list. 

My verified list has submitted 7k and verified 11k at the moment. I started another project as well (identical settings but scraping as well as using Identified list and so far it has submitted 19k and verified 6k. The second project was started 2 days after the first one.

I am running 100 threads using 30 semi proxies. churn and burn site so selected everything. 

• Have you tried enabling debug mode to see how SER is seeing the sites? I've before experienced SER thought it had downloaded a website correctly, but it didn't get any of the source code down, just an empty page. This caused it to return no engine matches instead of giving me a download failed. It only rarely happens when I'm working on engines, but it might have become worse for some reason.
  • edited July 2014
    All i get almost now is this messages "no engine matches". Before I use to get 20000 verified per day. Some days ago I started getting them with ser lists 5. So I was told by ser lists that it would be better to get the new list. So I did. Now it is even worse. I am getting for every 10 messages in the log, 7 or 8 no engine matches... If it's not the list? If the proxies are alright. If my settings have been the same? Then what should it be?
  • edited July 2014
  • http://iamsport.org/search/
    http://www.schochauer.ch/shop/
    http://visionman.org/

For example those are showing errors on browser as well for me, so make sure to double check manually if it's a bug or if the site is really down...
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited July 2014
    @Judderman - Sounds like a strange one mate. The only thing that I can think to do is to import the list directly into the project(s), if you haven't already. Sometimes running your project(s) from the global list can cause strange issues, for whatever reason.

@EveryOneElse - I'm running our latest Blue list on my server and although I'm seeing a couple of 'no engine matches' here and there, I'm not experiencing anything like what you guys are describing.

Before anyone jumps in and says that a verified list should never give that error, I don't know why they do, maybe it's due to the amount of threads, proxies, or whatever, but I've never seen a verified list that doesn't have them, and I've tried pretty much every list out there.

Incidentally, the list I'm running is kicking out 250Lpm at 300 threads with 30 proxies, so I think it's probably safe to say that it's ok. lol
  • Thanks @2Take2 - that's the way I do it, I don't follow Ron's import sitelist thing as it screwed up my Dropbox a few weeks ago, so I just directly import them but maybe that's the problem? I just thought SER would call the right engines from an .sl list to the ones checked in the project? Or if you import directly does it go through the whole list willy nilly?
  • Hi @JudderMan, that's my understanding, yes.

AFAIK The only time that it would import targets that you don't want would be if you highlighted several projects that were using different engines (like say, a spam and a contextual project), in which case all projects would get the URLs that relate to the engines that all projects are targeting, so your spam project would end up with contextual targets (and spam targets), and vise versa.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I'm all out of ideas with this one.
  • No probs, thanks man :) My Brian was working a bit differently there, will adjust the way I do it and import as per Ron's/SERList's way and see if it works. I just won't pull from Dropbox though as that's what screwed things up last time.
  • edited July 2014
    Hello. I just selected all projects, then right click, then import Target Urls and selected -from site lists and then only selected "Identified". It imported everything but still I get the same "no engine matches" All over the log file. My lpm is 6. Before I use to get over 100lpm.