Skip to content

How to Get Started ?

I wanted to use this awesome software to drive traffic to my websites. I saw there are a few software that I need to purchase.
Just wonder which one is a mandatory for beginners to get started ?

Thanks ...

Comments

• Captcha breaker is a must if you don't want to ruin yourself in captcha costs.

Also, ideally you'd want a vps or a cheap dedicated server for starters, a sufficient amount of private proxies (you can get by with 10, but I would never recommend less than 50), and you can throw some money at an indexer as well, it should help your efforts significantly.
  • Should I buy the GSA indexer or try the indexer services externally ?

So, the products I need to purchase is 

VPS - $??
    Private Proxy - $??
    GSA Search Engine Ranker - $99
    GSA Captcha Breaker - $147

Thanks ...
  • For SER and CB, you can try searching online for a discount coupon :)
  • VPS/dedicated - $30-100
    Private Proxy - $20-100+
    You will also need paid lists ($30-$100+ a month) or Gscraper + public proxy service so you can harvest own list. You are new to ser so lists would be better for you.
  • @bangkoklad, thanks... will definitely do that.

@satyr85, what do you mean by paid lists or gscraper ? Any example ?
    I am new and looking at any recommendations.

I am really curious what SER can do for me, create backlinks via forum profile ? comment postings ? social bookmark ?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited July 2014
    @sicilian - I see your name and I am getting hungry for pizza, lol.

I would add that you can download the free trial which limits all the linkbuilding you can do, but at least you can see what's happening first.

I will give you a quick picture of all the different types of platforms you can post to:

Within all those platforms, in total, there are about 250 different Engines contained in all of the above platforms. So you can make links in places you could only dream about.

I'm not sure if this is a total accident on your part, but you happened to stumble upon the most powerful link building software ever made. I guess it is your lucky day.

When people mentioned lists, this is a fairly simple concept. The GSA SER software can scrape for targets to post to, or you can save all the work and time, and simply buy a list of viable targets where links have already been made. It's a great time-saver.

You can run this from your home PC if you have a strong, fairly modern PC. If not, you can rent a VPS for a fee from a number of vendors here.

You will absolutely need proxies or you can get in trouble with your internet service provider. So they are an absolute must have.

And like they said above, you need to have automated captcha solving software (GSA-CB is the best in the market).

• GSA SER will target my main money site or the Tier1, Tier2 or Tier3 ?

Let's say I have my main site, how to use GSA the right way ? 
    Should I point everything to my own main site ?

For Indexer service, should I point it to my main site or the Tier1, Tier2 and Tier3 sites ?

Sorry, I am just a newbie and quite confuse with the process.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited July 2014
    I would say one of the first things you need to do is get acquainted with SEO forums to understand SEO. Although we all practice SEO, this isn't really an SEO forum. I would recommend Black Hat Forum and Warriors Forum to get started. But do a search and look around. This is critical for your own good.

People here use it on their main site, but usually with the knowledge that the website will tank in the rankings within a few months. This would be called a churn and burn strategy, where if a site gets burned, you move the content to a new site and repeat the process.

For longer term rankings and stability it gets a lot more complicated. In this scenario, typically you would not use GSA SER on the T1, but you would on all the lower levels.

So it is important to develop knowledge and a strategy on how you want to use this software. It is powerful and has made plenty of us a lot of money. But it can easily screw up your world if you don't understand SEO. That's why I said what I said earlier. 

Your first few projects will likely not be earth shattering projects. Use it as an opportunity to try out the software, see how well you can rank, and use your mistakes and your successes to create some positive results on future projects. We all start somewhere, and usually at a knowledge deficit. It will come with time. But you won't learn it all out of some book or pc. You need to get in there and get your hands dirty...and make a lot of mistakes in order to get better.