Skip to content

Blasting Inner Pages of Money Site safe? Please help.. getting paranoid!

I'm using GSA to pump Tier 2 & Tier 3 backlinks at an inner page on a couple PBN sites at an inner page of my money site.

And I am NOT sending any links to the Root Domain of my Money Site.

I've heard doing this does not risk penalty to your Root Domain.

Can anyone please confirm my understanding is correct so I can rest easy?

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    I sometimes use a similar strategy... I use an inner page for SEO and if it tanks i delete it and create another page on the same domain and then use that for SEO.

It works well, so that would suggest the root domain is not affected.

Hope it helps :)
  • I only do link building to pages that are optimised for their keyword. In some cases, the homepage is fairly generic for the niche, so it's pointless link-building for any particular product, but more for the niche/industry you're in. Obviously this depends on what you're targeting. 

In other cases, I want the homepage to rank for certain main keywords and therefore I might 'hide' content and hit the site hard, but I'll always have options for other domain names should it tank. If it's a branded domain I'll stay safe and hit the inner pages.
  • grax1grax1 Professional SEO, UK | White Label SEO Provider
    what's important here IMO is the results you expect. If you are interested in long term rankings then doing things natural is what you would want to keep rankings as long as possible. I always check some true authority sites that gain tons of links naturally and analyze their backlink profile. You won't find any authority site with naturally gained links that has no backlinks to homepage, no way.

Don't get paranoid, accept the fact you gonna burn this domain and most probably Google will penalize it, sooner or later. If this happens you can simply register new domain, deindex this one and copy the site to the new domain. Sure, domain age matters so the fresh registered one may not have that trust or how to call it in G's eyes, but if you are using SER then you can't expect your domain to stay on the top of Google for ages.
  • @grax1 "I always check some true authority sites that gain tons of links naturally and analyze their backlink profile."

I'll mention the niche I'm dealing with just to illustrate this situation a little better.

These are Affiliate Marketing review sites.  

It's not uncommon that review sites are published within a week of the product launch date because some product creators wait until the last moment to give you the meat and potatoes about their launch, so until then, there isn't much to write about.

As a result, you see a lot of Wordpress.com, Medium.com, EMD, YouTube, etc ranking for the product name on Day #1. 

Their link profiles resemble GSA blasts for sure (or similar software)

And since these webmasters only care about ranking for a short period of time, there's no reason NOT to blast.

That is UNLESS you have an Authority Review site. 

And I decided to create one of these because there are certain benefits that come with A) having a branded authority site and B) being able to add reviews to an existing site as opposed to creating new sites over and over.

But there are also disadvantages. Most notably they can be more difficult to rank (at first) and most importantly you CARE about them as opposed to the other sites where you can spam the living hell out of them because after 1 month who really cares?

And there are a few Authority Review sites that seem to crack Page 1 for many of the launches I've been involved with, and I've been analyzing their link profiles through OSE, Majestic, and Webmeup.

Upon review, my findings were a lot different than what I would have expected from an authority site's link profile in that, the inner pages where the reviews were posted had a strong resemblance to the EMD and Web 2.0 review sites.

Unless of course I am missing something, but it's pretty clear when I looked at one of my subjects (from Vietnam) that ranks on Page 1 for almost every launch, domain authority of around 25 (nothing amazing), pretty good social signals, but when I looked at the link profile of his inner pages:

Lots of Forum Posts on Vietnamese forums in which he posts a review of the product that is more or less another version of the product review. So they are contextual links in forum posts, but the forums themselves have nothing to do with Internet Marketing.

So yes they are contextual backlinks which is good but they are irrelevant and pretty spammy, yet his authority site has stood the test of time.

And that's kind of what brought me to the question about whether one could send a lot of links from GSA to your money sites and PBN Inner Pages as long as you don't mess with the root domain?

My gut feeling is the answer is "yes but make one wrong move to blow your cover and everything gets penalized" so even though my analysis seems to reveal this may work, I should probably steer clear of doing it until I know EXACTLY what I'm doing.

Perhaps the best thing to do for my Inner Pages is send social signals and maybe a small and limited number of high quality backlinks from my GSA lists on a regular basis by utilizing the filters. 

Just thinking out loud now so I'll stop there. If only there was a clear cut answer.
  • KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    edited July 2014
    I blast root all the time, it helps to circulate the juice throughout the site. 
    Normally the juice have less power when it comes down, watering deep pages is a good thing (and should reduce the loss), consider optimizing intern linking >< to enjoy it.
  • i got a question..

what if i have already blasted links to my domain/root.. will there be a possibility to remove them? and will proceed to blast links to the inner pages.

would this be advisable? because i dont want to rank the domain/root i just want to rank its inner pages.
  • grax1grax1 Professional SEO, UK | White Label SEO Provider
    @zangeif112 the benefit of a bigger affiliate website where you care about the structure, interlinking, silo, HQ content not only on landing pages, don't blast it but rather implement long-term seo strategy is that you may sell this site later for 15-20x monthly income which may be a pretty nice amount of $. The fact is, you may face a situation where some small little 5 pages sites will outrank you - it depends on the niche, but it's not so hard to find in serps. That's Google algorithm in work, they claim a lot, but to be honest, if it worked that good then we wouldn't be here, spending our money on linkbuilding with SER - where you can create links that has completely no other value than for search engines algorithm. 

Regarding blasting 1 page and then deleting it if something goes wrong, there is a nice example from godofseo. This guy ranked for terms like MOZ, Rand Fishkin and similar with his SEO blog using sape and spam and he achieved great results. The problem is, he knew how to play with Google and was probably too annoying for the Spam Team so they deindexed everything they could that was somehow connected to him, not only seo-related sites of him. But I doubt it would happen to you unless you start to show off like those seo bloggers.

"yes but make one wrong move to blow your cover and everything gets penalized"

there are tons of example where legit sites with no spam and really white hat approach, not just because package they purchased on BHW was called White-Hat, lol, got in troubles with G, so if their shitty algorithm decides to penalize you then that's it, it doesn't have to be because of that one wrong move IMO.