Skip to content

GSA kills my CPU

Hi, I'm having a issue with my GSA setup...

Let me start from the beginning:
I bought a GSA and few weeks back I have set it up as recommended and it was running fine, but after last update GSA just kills my CPU after couple of minutes (runs on 100% almost constantly) and my LPM is down from 40 to 10 if I'm lucky.

Now my setup is as follows:
Dedicated Intel Xeon 3GHz x2 processors
12GB of RAM
500GB HDD
Windows server 2012

I use GSA SER + GSA Captcha breaker + spamvilla recaptcha + 30 semi dedi proxies from buyproxies + Instantlinkindexer + yahoo email accounts

General options for GSA 
Project options:
First I thought it is my list but after following all the steps from this thread
results are the same I have also tried running it on build in engines but with no luck..

My next step was disabling all the extra services (spamvila nad indexer) but still no cigar ;/
This is how it looks like after a minute of running GSA and it stays like that pretty much all the time and on top of that it takes about a minute to stop the project :)
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Do you use the global blacklist filter?
  • edited July 2014

i dont think i doimage
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

set that maximum site to 1mb ...should speed things up a bit.

also try to disable the filters per project (bad word filter) and see if that helps. If it does then maybe it's that I have to optimize.

• It looks like max website size was causing the problem, I will leave it running for a while and report back
  • KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    edited July 2014
    I use 10MB and no problem surely another option. Why run in debug mod ?

Test without debug and "skip site where the following word appear"
  • not sure :) as soon as i changed it everything is back to normal... running 6 projects atm at only 20% CPU usage in comparison to 1 project at 100% :) I will do some testing later on now im off to watch footy :)
    Space but nice for you :)
  • ok it's back again but I think I know what is causing it... is it possible that this is proxies fault? I just noticed before i changed maximum size of download I also changed proxies from private to public now I have changed them back and bam CPU at 100% again...
  • Just swapped my proxies for dedicated ones and it goes up and down now ;/ no clue what that is I just hope it wont melt my server :Dimage
  • What are your engines on those projects? did you made your list yourself? what kind of links your list consists of?
    This also happens on build in engines, and it does not matter what I choose in the project if I do kitchen sink or contextual only it behaves the same way
  • I'm beginning to think it has something to do with my OS or network setup.. thing is I have two NIC's in this server and after watching performance monitor I have noticed something strange..
    There is always only one network card working (transmitting/receiving) other one is idle but after about 30s they switch one that was idle does all the work and the other goes idle and at this point my CPU goes mad.. I have tried turning one or the other off but then my remote session keeps disconnecting I also tried teaming them up with the same result it just kicks me out of the remote session every minute.. I will have a look if i can find another network card for it to see if that will help.
  • Ugh just downgraded my server from 2012 ro 2008 and its even worse :)
    Windows server is really more heavy than Windows 7-8 and you have only 2 cores.
  • might be, i'm installing it on I5 as we speak
  • Ok problem solved... there is something wrong with the server i was running it on.. I swapped it and it's fine now.

Thank you all for your help