Skip to content

Optimal number of proxies

Hi @sven
i have 7 000 proxy sources and around 800.000 of public proxies for searching and testing in SER, but ser is so damn slow with that number of sources/proxies, so i'm wondering do you know or could you assume what is optimal number of imported proxies/sources in SER
Thanks

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Wow 7,000 proxy sources is a lot lol. You have to think that when you use that many sources, SER has to parse those URL's to grab the proxies, then it adds them to the proxy checker and tests them so that's a lot of URLS to go through and proxies to test.

I'd say the optimal number of sources would be the smallest amount you can use that will bring in a decent number of working proxies.

After all, I'd rather have 5 really good proxy sources than 50 that aren't that great. 

So the best thing to do would be to try and figure out which sources bring you the best proxies and stick with those. 

• KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    You can test all (if you have time) and delete all don't work after > "edit proxy list" right click "delete all don't work". 
  • @kaine thanks mate,but this is big number of proxu sources even for that technique :-)
  • KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    edited July 2014
    @Kajzer May be cut to root and dedup. Many will update fresh proxy directly at home :) (mass delete after)
  • Right now i opened sources from SER in np++, there is line last count=20, which showing how many proxies SER find on last parsing on particular source,and i'm removing every number bellow 50, by hand but never mind it going well :)