Skip to content

VPS Server Recommendations

I am price shopping out some VPS servers and wondering about the bandwidth as this seems to be the main variable between providers.

I found a decent one for about $10 a month but they have a limit at 4TB bandwidth.

http://www.servermania.com/linux-ssd-cached-vps-specials.htm

I think this is one of those things were you get what you pay for. SolidSEOVPS is like $40 a month, but it may be worth it.

Thoughts on recommended specs bandwidth/RAM/CPU etc?

Comments

• The VPS you've linked to runs with Linux. You need a Windows VPS to run SER.
  • edited July 2014
    Ah didn't catch that. Thanks. 

Any recommendations on hardware specs though?
  • Anything with at least two CPU cores and 2GB of RAM. Depending on how many links and how quickly you want to build them you might need a quad core with 4GB of RAM. Also, consider if you'll be running other software on the server simultaniously with SER.
  • @delta_squad have you ever seen it use more than 2GB of RAM? I thought 32 bit applications couldn't use more than that?

I could be wrong though. 
  • The application itself doesn't use more than 2GB but if you have a machine with that amount of memory it's used by the OS too and any other software you'll be running (Captcha Breaker, etc.). If you don't go crazy with the thread count in SER you'd probably be fine with 2GB or RAM. :)
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    @silverdot - It won't run great on 2GB ram, better to spend another $10 - 20 and get something decent.
    Solidseovps and greencloudvps have some truly amazing deals right now. Check them out.
  • Thanks I was already leaning towards SolidSEOVPS based on the Serlists team recommendations.
  • KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    edited July 2014
    2.5-3 giga of ram is minimum, os use too.

I look price off vps and think dedicaced is more interesting. I think my first one will be there (SP-64) https://www.ovh.com/fr/serveurs_dedies/enterprise/