Skip to content

Filter a list once i have built it.

I am looking to be able to filter a list once i have created it, i have  list of 80,000+ verified on it.

What i want to do it is separate the contextual from the more spammy sites and then remove all nofollow before i put this list to work.

Can this be done and if so, How?

This is my first post, appreciate any feedback i get guys and look forward to participating in the forum :)

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    in what format you have this verified url list?
  • It has been created in GSA the list has been solely built running campaign in GSA Ranker, and is still in GSA haven't extracted it yet Sven.

• edited July 2014
    Let me suggest 3 ways to filter list by engines further with SER:

1. In any project options set engine selection (right click in Engines Field) as you would like it to be in filtered state, then save it via right-clicking. (you may actually just stop right now and study a little and then just use this awesome feature of engine selection in your actual projects - by disabling and enabling spammy engines where needed) Now go into your C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker\engine_selections folder and open freshly created .est file via notepad. 

There would be a list of engines that filtered by the rules you specified. Copy those engines txt's from your verified folder to any other folder - this basically means that you copied your verified list but without spammy engines. (FYI = when you export your sitelist from SER the resulting .sl file is an archive with engines txt files.)

2. Knowing that the list you created consists of (mostly) "good" URLs, as its fresh etc., setup a dummy with the desired output as follows - go into dummy options, right click on the engines field - select contextual platforms, or any other that you want filtered. 

Check filling of the identified list (prepare the global lists' folders beforehand - backup them, change/clean them), and set some "unreal" filter of your choosing (like skip sites with more than 0 outgoing links).  This would mean that SER won't post to the most of this links - it only would check them and add to identified folder.

Now import your fresh list and fire it up - by the end of the run you should have yourself filtered list without undesirable engines in Identified folder.

You many need to turn off proxies for identification and also all captcha solutions temporarily for this one to be more precise and faster.

This method gives you an additional bonus: it rechecks all imported URLs by filtering dead links and misidentified engines.

3. Same as 2, but via Identify and Sort in feature.

This are not all methods by all means, maybe there are more effective ones to do this.

Now, I do not know how well SER fares with dofollow/nofollow thing as I not yet tested it myself (no need yet), but for this goal you may need to refer to other tools like Scrapebox DoFollow test plugin or something else.