Skip to content

OCR service that is actually working?

HI,

I am looking for a OCR service that is working nowadays, i am using right now spamvilla.com but the success rate is like 0% right now, i have no unaware from support so i am thinking of moving to a new company.

I know that there is an issues with ReCaptcha and i will appreciate if you can suggest a service that can handle those within a reasonable percentage of success, something like 40%+ or so.

Comments

• You'd have to go for something like DBC to get that rate for recaptcha currently.  As far as I'm aware none of the OCR services can get anywhere near 40%
  • Heres my set up

CB
    captcha tronix
    eve
    DBC

eve and DBC are getting most of the recaptcha it seems. I tested EVE alone last night for about 4 hours and had it up to 20% on recaptcha. Not sure how to calculate the actual percentage because there were also 3 retries for some reason on ones it couldnt solve.
  • How do u get eve to work - it doesnt do anything for me
  • i dont know? just entered in the key... It's not working on all recaptchas that go through it but it was definitely solving some.
  • Ah - i remember shut down
  • Eve has terminated their service
  • edited July 2014
    @andy1024 not sure what you mean. Heres a screenshot. Eve is working today!

• oh man that sucks! Either way the question was does it work. yes it does for now. Sad to see it go though :/

I guess OP, get ready to pay alot for captcha solving because the OCR's arent doing that great these days. DBC and other human solving is really the only way to outsource hard to solve captchas.
  • No one have a good OCR captcha solving to recommend?
  • Decent OCR at decent prices:

MegaOCR - http://megaocr.com - based in Russia, I believe

CaptchaTronix - http://captchatronix.com - based in the USA

Best wishes in all your endeavors.

• Do you use one of them? I am using spamvilla but the siccess rate for the new Recaptch is almost 0%, do you know if those hadle the new Recaptc?
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    I don't think any are working especially well right now. Hopefully i can be proved wrong.
  • I'm getting 49% with EVE today......hopefully it uses up the $50 I dropped in there 2 days ago. Captchatronix will be the next one I try, all others are terrible.
  • MegaOCR needs to update for new reCaptcha fonts.  CaptchaTronix can do some blob captchas along with standard reCaptcha; it's also a little faster than MegaOCR.  Both are fully functional as of this moment.

• captcha eater :-B
  • No service that solves recaptchas (at least not an OCR) nowadays. Surprised if 'they improve their solving' as usual about a week or two after XR gets improved / updated.