Skip to content

Loaded x URLS from imported Sites - What happens next?

So I'm really trying to understand how GSA works so I can better improve my success rate.

I set up a test environment with 1 thread, NO search engines, NO global site list enabled.

The only thing as far as input is a small target site list.

Here is log:

[12:37:05] yahoo.com: Setting up project
[12:37:05] yahoo.com: Starting project
[12:37:05] yahoo.com: [ ] Loaded 26 URLs from imported sites
[12:37:11] yahoo.com: [-] 001/121 no engine matches - http://www.productron.net/cache/css/default/elgg.1404043967.css

My question is where is the 121 coming from? Also I see as the project file moves through that 121 decrements, how does this work?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    001/121 are the urls from a previous search or already present urls. After that has been done, you will see the imported urls being submitted.
  • edited July 2014
    I forgot to mention that I also cleared the Target URL cache & the Target URL History. As far as I know I cleaned up anything before I ran this test project.

Ok I let it run out and reloaded list, now i'm seeing it as 1/26, which is correct.
    -What happens when the second number decrements it goes from 20/26 -> 21/25?

Are there other URLS that are cached besides the URL cache or URL History?
    -I keep seeing that a project.target file is being created after I clear the URL Cache. Again I have not imported any list after it ran out. It must be pulling data from somewhere.

Sorry for nitpicking I'm a programmer myself Sven and I'd like to know where this data is coming from :)
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

What happens when the second number decrements it goes from 20/26 -> 21/25?

Then it was a site that is filtered out due to the scheduled posting options. It is left in the queue but proceeded later.

The other URLs it has might come from scheduled posting or from web2.0 engines who come with there own url.

• Thank you, I got it, it is coming from web 2.0 engines.