Skip to content

Seeking clarification on 'scheduled posting' option

For 'Maximum accounts per site', per the limitation that I set below, does it mean that even though I have 100 email accounts in this project, the maximum that it will ever create for this project is 5 accounts using 5 emails only?

And if I swap out new emails, does that also mean that it will also not make a difference because GSA has somehow recorded that I've already previously created 5 accounts already?

What if after I've done the first round of posting, and it has created 5 accounts. And I change the settings to 20 accounts, will GSA be able to go and create the remaining 15 accounts?

And is it possible for me to "reset GSA's memory" that I've already created 5 accounts and for it to go and create 5 more accounts again? If yes, how do I do it? Delete target url cache? Delete target urls?

(note: from my end, the image I pasted above doesn't show up, what I am implying in my question pertains to "Maximum accounts per site" where I have 5 accounts inserted.)

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    you cant reset the memory, only if you delete history and verified urls. but you can just increase the number and ser will try to create further accounts.
  • edited July 2014
    >For 'Maximum accounts per site', per the limitation that I set below, does it mean that even though I have 100 email accounts in this project, the maximum that it will ever create for this project is 5 accounts using 5 emails only?

Yes, sometimes I see SER creates +1 more, i.e. 6 accounts.

>And if I swap out new emails, does that also mean that it will also not make a difference because GSA has somehow recorded that I've already previously created 5 accounts already?

Yes, SER stores account data in .static files.

>What if after I've done the first round of posting, and it has created 5 accounts. And I change the settings to 20 accounts, will GSA be able to go and create the remaining 15 accounts?

Yes, provided you've enough emails, i.e. 20 (or more), in this case.

>And is it possible for me to "reset GSA's memory" that I've already created 5 accounts and for it to go and create 5 more accounts again? If yes, how do I do it? Delete target url cache? Delete target urls?

If you want to create 5 more accounts, why don't you increase the "Maximum accounts per site" +5.

Deleting target url and cache won't reset SER's memory.

Hope this helps...
  • Thanks @sven & @Olve1954. Very clear now.