Skip to content

Does Lots of Unverified Submitted = Slow Performance?

A few months ago I started to have 'never verify' on my SERs and would run it for an hour or so per day manually (Active V). I've had lots of things going on lately, so haven't been verifying the links for a few days, but my SERs have been running really slow. Today, after a full verification, my LPM is back up. Is that the case, a high amount of submitted but unverified links causes SER to run slow?

Also, when verifying, if it looks like it's slowing down I usually stop it and while the threads are closing down it seems to delete thousands of submitted links, is this normal? Should I have waited a little longer until the red triangle pops up? Sometimes that never happens though...

I've also found that the amount of RAM used is held after any action, so it's best to shut SER down and reopen it, so that the RAM is purged and starts at 0 again. This seems to be the main cause of out of memory issues as there is a backup of data/RAM usage from chopping and changing between Active and Active V (and no doubt other changes within SER). I bet this is why people think new updates make their SER faster, it probably doesn't, but their cache/RAM usage has been wiped.

Comments

• If you have "Dont remove URLs" checked in options that could cause the slowing you describe as things that will never verify are constantly retried instead of threads being used for submissions.
  • Good shout @bradmca but I don't have that option checked. However, I don't have 'remove URLs after 1st try' so will try that and see if it speeds things up. I did want it to have a few tries at verifying them as I can imagine that sometimes other variables would get in the way and don't want to lose any links because of proxies/server/emails/speed/RAM usage or whatever.
  • KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    edited July 2014
    "this is why people think new updates make their SER faster"

No think dude, it's reality.

At home he'll ever faster release after release. More you use the hard disk or SSD and more the software slows down (waiting for reading/writing).

It is therefore natural to limit at maximum for best performance.

Best actual SSD Samsung 830 128Gb:

RAMDisk: Kingston Beast 1866Mhz CL10 32GB (basic ram, best actually 2933Mhz) :