Skip to content

Setting Up Captcha Services

I'm not sure if I'm setting up my OCR service properly in GSA or not. The first time I set it up was with Captcha Breaker as the primary then it sent all recaptchas to Captcha Tronix.(As recommended in the SEO Tools Setup documents) from Captcha Breaker. This wasn't working because it was taking up to 12 seconds to solve the captchas. 

Then I changed it in the global options to where Captcha Breaker was first then it would send failed captchas to Captcha Tronix from GSA. Hopefully when it says failed captcha like below that's when it sends it to the OCR service. "Unable to Solve this Captcha, Sorry" >> Then gets sent to Captcha Tronix as the second option in GSA, right?

I wanted to make it to where GSA would send this captcha to the service NOT Captcha Breaker because it was taking too long and GSA kept building links with captchas that weren't being solved by Captcha Breaker. 

Did I set this up correctly? I see both Captcha Breaker and Captcha Tronix both solving them. Just worried I did something wrong. 

Thanks! 

Comments

• Here's my setup,

In SER,

#1 - Captcha Tronix, 3 Retry, Only for Hard captchas
    #2 - GSA-CB, 3 Retry

Do not use external services in CB, as it will only slow SER down...
  • VijayarajVijayaraj India
    edited July 2014
  • Olve1954  Thanks I found out the hard way that it just slows everything down if I use external service from CB. 

I didn't purchase that many threads from CT and I have a few projects going so I decided to send everything from CB to CT if it couldn't solve it. Haven't used more than 3 threads yet. Sometimes I get the error message that  CT isn't responding. 

It's working good enough for now. I'll have to go back through the log file and see what's going on. I saw a few times where it's sending 5 request in the same time period. With each CT captcha taking 3 secs. on average to solve I might just need to lower my threads to fine tune it on GSA.