Skip to content

GScraper Proxy Service

I opened a very similar thread about Scrapebox proxies a while back, but since I'm on GScraper now I decided to open up a new thread.

Long story short:
My proxy provider is going down the shitter, because he doesn't know how to handle his business and I give him another few weeks until his proxies are worthless.

I'd love to hear which scraping proxy providers you're using. I'm no hardcore scraper and therefore I'm looking for something between 10-30$/month. I would also consider proxy harvesters, but I haven't had good experiences during most of the trial periods of these tools.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• "My proxy provider is going down the shitter, because he doesn't know how to handle his business and I give him another few weeks until his proxies are worthless."

Can you tell us who is your current proxy provider ;) ?

My proxy service is in advenced alpha now (you can read about alpha tests here). Beta will be ready soon (im sure you will see beta test thread here when it will be live) and hope i will start selling oficially proxies in august. There will be $100 & $50 pack and maybe $25-30 pack.
  • @satyr85 Sorry, but I won't tell you in public :)

Yes, I've already read through your thread, but it looks like your proxies are designed for heavy scrapers and 50-100$ is way beyond my budget limit. However, 20-30$ packages are definitely something I'd be interested in.
  • EDIT: Ok, nevermind what I said earlier. Support just kind of told me that they don't give a shit about me as a customer and that if I don't like their service I can simply opt-out next month.

@satyr85 It's red-proxys.net

So my question still stands, can anyone recommend a good/reliable scraping proxies provider? Please keep in mind, I don't need max. performance (and the pricing that comes with it). I'm totally fine using medium speed proxies, as long as they're reliable and can provide me somewhat constant performance.
  • royserparoyserpa (URL and Domain Deduped!) GSA SER VERFIED Lists! => http://gsa-verified-list.royserpa.com/
    Yep red-proxy/shani is a bastrd. I paid for the $30, then he asked me for $32 as $2 were from paypal fees and shit like that. Obv their proxies ran at 2k-3k per minute which is trash. Asked for refund and just gave me $30 back instead of the $32...
  • @omeagajoe Exactly. The hidden PayPal fee.. totally forgot about that bullshit haha.
    What proxy provider do you use these days? I can't find a good one.. :/
  • I'm still looking for a GScraper proxy service. If anyone knows a place, don't hesitate to post in this thread, please.
  • Why not just use gscrapers proxy service? Is it crap now also? I used it when I bought gscraper like 6 months (because it was free for a week) and was harvesting over 10K+ a second.

I'm just using 35 semi dedicated proxies for scraping with gscraper and not having any issues albeit pretty slow. Like around 2k urls a second
  • @the_other_dude I was told by multiple people to avoid GScraper proxies, since they leak your IP and are just a bad choice in general.
  • hmm i thought it was pretty good when i used it. i dont know much about all that technical stuff or to even know if my ip is being leaked or not though
  • Tixxpff 
    There are not many proxy providers so i dont think you will find someting very cheap and very good. IP leaking proxies wont be a problem, as long as you only harvest with them.

Gscraper proxy service these days is not as good as it was X months ago. I remember harvesting inurl footprints with stable 40-50k per minute, but this was 1.5 year ago, right after Gscraper lanuch. Dedicated proxies are not option for harvesting.

• its pretty slow going with just 30(ish) semi dedicated proxies for me. I'll be checking for when your service goes live!
  • edited July 2014
    Did you tried buyproxies?
  • @luckskywalker No, I didn't. I'm using their proxies for GSA though, but not for scraping.
  • luckskywalker 
    You would need to spend high $XXX or low $XXXX per month for private proxies if you want to harvest with private ones. Not way to go.
  • @satyr85 My thoughts exactly
  • @satyr85 It's with 3 proxies per thread I think. So 30 semi-dedicated will run at 90 threads I'm right?

Why don't use scrapebox? If you think about you will spend less...

Plus
    "I was told by multiple people to avoid GScraper proxies, since they leak your IP and are just a bad choice in general."
    Why should I trust this software?

• luckskywalker 
    Few years ago it was possible to scrape with private proxies. Now google ban proxies very fast so its not possible to scrape with private proxies. Trust me, proxies for harvesting are my bread and butter and with 3 proxies per thread it wont work.

Scrapebox is slower than Gscraper, and its not as stable as Gscraper. Check this link. Same proxies, same number of threads, timeout, keywords, footprints... And Gscraper is ~ 10 times faster.

Why you should trust this software (Gscraper)? Because everyone here who scrape alot use Gscraper or Hrefer. Both are fastest harvesters in market. Scrapebox is not even close.
  • Hm, the problem is to buy GScraper for $68 and then more $66 per month LOL

I'm saying that because I just bought GSA SER+CB+Dedicated+30 Semi-dedicated proxies for GSA+KM

So, scrapebox is being a cheap choice for me, understand?

And I don't want to buy list since build your own is far way better :)