Skip to content

Getting a SockError: Connection Timed Out

Hi guys, I'm getting an error for my complete link building campaigns with

download failed (Return: -, SockError: Connection Timed Out)

Everything was working fine until I updated. how do I fix this?

Thanks.

Comments

• you might have too many connections
  • I am having the same issues. tried another set of proxies that i know are good still same thing happends
    download failed (Return: -, SockError: Connection Timed Out)
  • @buyproxies too many connections isn't the case, I'm facing similar issues when running on low threads (tier2/tier3 junk links) compared to the amount of proxies I got, talking about a 1:1 ratio here.

This is the case when the proxies go up and down which happens all the time with the proxies from almost all providers that allow spam, when you see it just anually check the proxies in GSA and you'll see lots of fails.
  • It's not about too many connections. I have 91 working private proxies with buyproxies and only running 25 connections.

I checked all the proxies and they're working fine. They work in scrapebox and other programs that need them, it's only GSA I'm getting this error.

Has anyone got an idea?
  • Ok, I've tried everything now. I've created a new campaign on another computer and tried different proxies, reduced my connection to 10 using 90 proxies. I'm still getting this error. I'm putting it down to a GSA bug at this point.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Sorry but there is no bug in GSA SER. It doesn't have to be a bug at all if the server itself is down. IF you see that on just a few URLs then there is nothing to worry.
  • I see it on a lot of URLs to be honest. out of 100 URLs I'd say 80 of them give that error.
  • MaurerPowerMaurerPower Regina, Sk, Canada
    I am having the same issue.  Proxies I have tested, and used on ScrapeBox, GScraper, Hrefer, SeNuke.

In fact to be sure I wasn't killing them on other things, I would try a new set on GSA SER, then try them in one of the other tools, they would work fine in the other tools, ONLY getting that error in GSA SER.

Then if I would test them again in the other tools, they still worked.  It is ONLY in GSA SER that this is happening.  I LOVE this tool, but my submission rates are horrid.

I am using 5 threads with maximum time out setting possible.
    HTML Timeout: 180
    Proxy Timeout: 120
    Custom wait time between search queries: 120

I am getting this error on every attempt.  There are no successes.  I says it loaded, let's say 8/394 from site lists, then everything keeps failing.  No successes for the last day.

But proxies work when I submit to the same URL when using a different tool.

SER is the best, and I want to keep using it, but I really need to figure this out.  Even got a brand new set of proxies today, and still the same thing is happening.
  • MaurerPowerMaurerPower Regina, Sk, Canada
    OOps, this is the error, the only thing that changes is the proxy address and the URL
    :
    04:31:12: [-] 1/2 download failed (Return: -, Proxy: 23.95.40.102:80, SockError: Connection timed out) - http://hartbeespoort.getitonline.co.za/2014/03/31/melissa-louw/