Skip to content

Some questions about proxies in general

edited December 2012 in Need Help
I'm wondering if some people can shed a bit more light about proxies for me.

I have 10 semi-private proxies from buy-proxies. Just a while ago, when I used scrapebox to check for PR on some sites, all my proxies are dead. Now, I've been using it with Kontent Machine, GSA SER and Scrapebox a bit over the past few hours. Not a whole lot.

Anyway, now Scrapebox says there's Error - Dead Proxies. GSA seems to be working fine. Actually, it seems to be working but not a single submit and verification whereas before it was going strong. I just checked and GSA says only 1 of 10 are working.

My question is does the Dead Proxies message by Scrapebox and GSA mean that I just need to wait - that Google has banned those ips and I may need to wait an hour? Or is it more serious than that?

Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• Its not serious. They are just telling you to cool off.

Some things you can do:

1) Run CCleaner. Close down SB and try again.
    2) Realize you are using shared proxies with other people If they are hammering on Google PR too, you all are making it worse for each other. Try dedicated proxies.
    3) Scrape some fast public proxies and mix it in with your private proxies. 2-3 times more than your private proxies

• Thanks GSARocker,

How about GSA tellign me 9 of 10 proxies are not working? Would that be OK after a while?
  • Do this:

1) Reboot system
    2) Put each IP into IE in the proxy settings and test each, one by one by surfing somewhere. If they don't come up, talk to your proxy vendor to get you new ones.

• Thanks, I tried that. Not sure if I'm doing it right. But it doesn't work. I've talked to them and they've given me two new sets - they are from buy proxies. Now, they still don't work. I don't know if it's MY computer's problem or they are the ones not being honest and giving me bad proxies. Is there any way I can find out?

Also, for the proxies they gave me, I used them on GSA and tested them. One moment they said it's good. The next moment, they are all bad, then good..then bad...

So I'm not sure what's going on. Why GSA is giving me these kind of results.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Have they given you some story about GSA at being at fault?

I used to think they were a good supplier, but I had a run in with them for all the right reasons

Run the test in GSA, run them through scrapebox

Then follow these tips. Test nicked from an earlier post of mine on the forums

The trick to testing if its proxies

If you think things are running slow

Options button then submissions tab

Disable use proxies for pr checking

Same with search time

Then set it to only use proxies for posting links

In other words, disable anything that uses proxies and keeping on the right side of your host

When I checked mine, the speed increase was more than double

• LeeG, they came back again and said about some cache stuff and using 5555 instead. I was going to say that it didn't work (because for the first 5 minutes of testing, it didn't work). But now it seems that it's doing fine.

What was your problem with Buy Proxies? If this happens again, I'll probably go somewhere else. It's caused hours of my time trying to fix this.

Lets put it this way, they aint a company I recommend to my worst enemy

I had a spit from them along with an instant refund after similar problems after spending a few days trying to get GSA running once, when it was the proxies at fault

https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/comment/7305#Comment_7305

• I see. What company are you using now and would recommend?
    edited December 2012

Im using proxy hub now, have been since November 20th when I got a sudden refund :)

If you google for a discount coupon, there are some codes about 10% to 15% off their proxies

So far the proxies have worked well