Skip to content

Proxy Detected Type

edited December 2012 in Need Help

Sven, got a question.

I bought a bunch of proxies from BuyProxies and put them in the  Proxy tester. After testing, they all come back sucessful.

However, for the Type column, I get TRANS.

Now I know about the proxy types - Elite, Anonymous, Transparent.

Transparent is the worst type. I looked at the public proxy finder and noticed you have a proxy type field: Auto, Trans, Web, Socks4, Socks5, and CGI.

So I assume that this Trans is coming from this same field.

What is TRANS under your definition of proxy types? I expected to see WEB and then some sort of identifcation like:

• WEB (HTTP) Elite
  • WEB (HTTP) Anonymous
  • WEB (HTTP) Transparent

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    TRANS means it is a CONNECT type of proxy. It has nothing to do with how anonymous it is.
  • edited December 2012
    Ok, so you don't judge the proxy during testing and determine its level of anonymity.

After some testing on my end, by default when you import from the clipboard or by file, GSA will assign a default proxy type of TRANS

When you click the Add Proxy button, notice that you can choose a type of WEB, Transparent, Socks4, and Socks5. However, it will only take input in the format IP:PORT so its of no use if you have authentication to type in (i.e. username:password)

So...
    1) GSA users should test their proxies through a proxy judge. The column Type isn't judged so cant really rely on it..
    2) If you got a lot of IPs to enter with authentication, best to use clipboard/file and just realize that TRANS is default
    3) Manually enter one by one realize it wont work when you test because no way to add username:password