Skip to content

GSA SER Duplicating Campaigns... the pop-up reads...

edited December 2012 in Need Help
The software pops up a notification when duplicating and I am not sure what it means:

"Successfully Duplicated.
Please note you have to click "Edit > Clear"
on the button next to the URL box not to submit to the same URL"

What does this mean?

I have done a search on here and no one has mentioned it.

I am aiming to duplicate a campaign to then run a tier two against the first with similar details from the first.

I have gone into edit and clicked on the box in the details for the new campaign : "Use verified URLs of tier 1 campaign name"

Otherwise I have no idea what it is notifying me of?

I cleared the URL cache... is that it?

Thanks
NR

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com

When you duplicate, you are bringing in everything, including all targets that were visited with the original project. You want a clean slate, so right click on that new project:

modify project => a) delete target URL cache; b) delete target URL history. Click on both of these to clear out the memory so you have a clean project.

Make sure you don't forget to edit the URL within the project (easy to forget) and tweak all fields like keywords or anything else as needed.

• Thanks Ron,

That certainly cleared it up for me!

I am using previous url's as I am building tier 2 from tier 1 although appreciate that timely tip also.

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    No, it means that you should clear the box with the URL field when editing the project as you usually duplicate a project and want to submit a different URL. But if you simply edit the field it will add the new URL to the box and you end up with both URLs (duplicated project URL and new one) for that project.
  • Thanks Sven
  • ronron SERLists.com

@nicerice - I should have been more clear. What Sven said is the way to do it. You need to clear before you add. I learned my lesson the hard way.

I now always clear all fields (not just URL) before I add or change anything.

• crap

"modify project => a) delete target URL cache; b) delete target URL history"

I have NOT been doing this. What are the consequences ?

• Ok Clear before you add. Otherwise you are posting to all the urls in that field....

What if you are choosing to use urls from another campaign and have that checked.

Does that ensure that the url in that field is ignored as it appears greyed out on mine.

Thanks
    @ron and @sven for your answers in advance.