Skip to content

Best Practices Regarding ACW and Copyscape?

Hey Guys,

I just bought ACW. I realize that it scrapes articles from 20 or so sites and mashes it all together either into paragraphs or by spinning sentences if the user chooses.

There are few things I need help clearing up.

I ran ACW to return a 500 word article with sentence spinning. When I run that through Copyscape, it is showing 32 matching items, which is not surprising given the sources for all of the articles have been abused to death. However, when I compare the 32 matching items, what Copyscape is finding is really just once sentence that matches in each instance. This also makes sense since ACW has spun the article at the sentence level.

My question: is that level of matching using Copyscape acceptable when using the content in my Tiers (all Tiers, including Tier 1)? The spun article is for the most part unique, with the exception of 1, maybe 2 sentences.

I guess what I'm really asking is that just because Copyscape finds a some matching sentences, but nothing in large chunks, the article should still be unique enough to use, correct? And on what level would I use these articles (probably not money site, correct)?

Assuming that this kind of article is acceptable, do you then just export it and stick right in GSA SER as is, without modifying it all, even though the article basically makes absolutely no sense (but it pretty unique!).

Thanks for being patient with a noob :-).

Mark

Comments

• edited June 2014
    After I posted this I was searching around and found a pretty cool video from MOZ talking about duplicate content. It helped me, so maybe you guys get some nuggets from it. It's over a year old, but probably still relevant I would think.

• Good article thanks. Your analysis is correct that every article ACW produces is unique BUT of course every sentence has previously been published elsewhere as of course it has been scraped :)
  • @kottke I use ACW for all my tiers including some T1 stuff.  It is definitely unique enough, because as you say it is only the sentence that matches, not the article or paragraph.  If you were worried, you could spin it too, but TBH I don't.

I set to the spin width to something like 100 or 150 and use SER to generate titles and images / videos.

As long as you don't go too precise with your keywords and filter out non related but similar words, the content it produces is really readable in most cases.
  • Quick question as I looked into kontent machine a bit but didnt fancy the one off price, this ACM looks to be a great price especially with BHW discount.

The thing on my mind is this looks good enough to grab an idea and some CC images to go most of the way to a money site article, for the SER side of things doesn't Articles / "Search Online" with mix do the same thing that ACM would do?
  • @davbel...are you having success putting ACW on Tier 1 sites? Are your sites being indexed and passing on juice? What kinds of settings do you use to make it pass in case a human reviews your Web 2.0 site, yet still make it as unique as possible?

@collywobbles...I sent you a PM.

Thanks fellas.
  • @kottke I replied this morning :)