Skip to content

Adding Footprints to GSA Engines

edited June 2014 in Need Help
I have a few files with footprints but they aren't separated out by platform type. Just separate out by the type of footprint. For example, Articles, Blog Comments, Directory. 

But not by platform type, for example, 

Articles 
- ArticleMS
- Article Friendly
- Article Directory Pro

I have SER Foorprint Editor and I'm wondering it it's ok to add these footprints even if they aren't separated out by specific platform type. 

I know I can use the built in scraper for GSA or GScraper and just scrape for URL's and then import them and post that way, but I wanted to increase the footprints in the default file already in GSA. 

How would I do this, if it's even possible. I'm guessing I would need to have footprints already sorted by platform type?

Comments

• edited June 2014
    If you're always using all engines within a platform, it's perfectly fine for you to load these search terms into one or more engines which you've got search terms for if you want a messy fix. You'll need to identify to which engine each search term belongs to if you're not always using all of these engines which you've got search terms for within a platform but rather picking out some.

However you should be aware that you might need to change "page must haveX=" for each engine if SER doesn't recognize some of the results you're going to get by using custom footprints.

Edit: I'd be interested in getting that footprint file. Else I'm going to make some poor kid write them down manually :)
  • That's what I thought, this list is more for using with Scraping tools.

Kind of sucks you can't manually add them in with SER Footprint Editor unless they're sorted by platform.

You've helped me out a lot with GSA I'll upload my footprints to my dropbox and give you a link. Not for you though, just to save the poor kid who would have to write them all down.

Edit: Image removed.