Skip to content

What to you do if you can't open (access denied) the Verified site list in the advanced settings?

GSA question -  It should open to a text file folder on the desktop (I have a dedicated server).

Note - this is the first time I have attempted this...

I get this message:

Location is not available:

C:\users\Administrator\appdata\roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker\site_list-verify is not accessible

Access is denied

It's probably something silly (hopefully). Is it something I didn't set up properly on my server? This will really crimp my plans

Any experts?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Can you actually navigate to that location in Explorer? If so check access rights of the folder (ReadOnly).
  • I can export the list to dropbox, but i need a free software to open a .sl file...any safe recommendations?

I think I will also open a support ticket with server co.  I think it is a security / permissions problem.

*.sl is nothing else but a zip file. Rename it to *.zip and you can open it with any packer of your choice (e.g. 7Zip).
  • My dedicated server (reliablesite.net) seems to have come with zero simple software like notepad etc.

I will rename, but opening it may still be a  problem. 

Regarding using 7zip - can I just download it to this dedicated server ( i assume it's just like a pc).

Sorry for the newbie questions. :)

Thank you!
    Yes just download.
  • edited June 2014
    A VPS/Dedi with windows it's just like any home PC. You can install whatever :)
    This will help you install things faster: