Skip to content

Manual Verification - Project

edited June 2014 in Bugs
I dont know why this happen.
In doesnt matter witch project- Show URL/Verified and than I verify all.
And some urls  turn yellow some red, but than if I check that url in browser, that url is live.
It happend on wordpress too. Have 4 different subdomains on wordpress, 3 of them turn green and 1 turn yellow.
Than i clicked 2times on verify button and it turn green.
And all yellow urls i checked load pretty fast, so i do not know why "Timeout" error happened.

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com

There are always false negatives on link checkers. I don't care if it is scrapebox, SER, or any other multi-threaded software. You are pounding the internet with hundreds of connections at the same time. There will be line noise, a bad electron, the website taking too long to respond - and bam - it shows up as red.

I used to deal with this in Scrapebox all the time for years before SER. So I know what causes it, which is what I said above. I have bounced between deleting them and keeping them. For the past year I made a simple decision - keep them. My personal opinion is that there are enough valid links in those red ones to prevent me from deleting them.

In all of this you have a dilemma: 1) Do you keep them knowing some are bad. OR 2) Do you delete them knowing some are actually good?

I resolved this by taking a mental vote: 1) If I delete them, then I risk throwing away healthy tiers that should never have been deleted - so I hurt myself. OR 2) I keep them and end up building links to dead tiers.

Great choice, right? I decided to keep them. Less maintenance for me. I don't throw away good tiers. And I build some worthless dead branches that I view as a 'cost' of building links on a mass level. I can live with that. 

• thanks.
    3rd option could be to verify yellow and red urls manualy. If there is not many of them. :)
  • @ron I take it you do not auto re-verify links then?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @jjumpm2 - You are correct.