Skip to content

Default Testing Different Black Hat Methods Using Already Built Websites Changing Domains When Hit

grax1grax1 Professional SEO, UK | White Label SEO Provider
Hi guys, I have some SEO question, I asked this on other forum but I've received no answers at all, so I though maybe this community will be able to help me with this.

I'm putting some effort into developing affiliate websites - each website I develop requires an investment in content writers. Setting up websites and getting them ready isn't a problem for me, but I'd like to test various things in the terms of SEO, e.g. what would work better in a certain niche - EMD, PMD, Brandable; what linkbuilding tactics will give me the best results, what anchor texts % works the best and so on... I'm not a guy who would set up 5 similar sites in the same niche and try to rank them for sme keywords using different methods to determinate the most important factors in a niche. For me it would be too big investment of money for my current financial situation (need to rebuild my small empire and then with stable money flow I could afford more complex tests).

So basically my question here is could I build a website on a domain1.com, prepare it totally to be ready if the site would hit top and then start ranking it with a method I'd like to try and if the site would fail for some reason - maybe Google wouldn't let emd/pmd in this particular niche, then could I just copy the website completely, delete it totally and deindex from domain.com and add to a different domain, let's call it newdomain.com ?

(All sites I build are on Wordpress)

I'm not asking if it's possible, what I'd like to know is: 1. The time (approx.) I should wait between backing up the content from domain.com and deleting it and then adding everything to a newdomain.com ?
2. How should I deindex domain.com from Google so that newdomain.com wouldn't have problems for plagiarism ? I know I could deindex it with WMT but I don't use it on any of my sites and I'd rather avoid it.
3. Could you recommend any way to do the whole process quick and effortless? I've found some plugins for Wordpress but maybe someone has something better to share?
4. Does it work for you guys? Have you already tried it and had a success with the same content that was added on that second website or did you face any problems?

I really appreciate your help guys!

Comments

• 1. Wait until your old domain has been reindexed and you can see the changes when doing the search query cache:olddomain.com
    2. There's no need to deindex it. Just load up an article of garbage, build some links to it and wait until Google picks up the changes.
    3. There are wordpress plugins for backing up everything and making it easy to import on another website.
    4. I have ranked the same content successfully 4 or 5 times now on different sites.
  • grax1grax1 Professional SEO, UK | White Label SEO Provider
    @fakenickahl thank you a lot for answering my question!
  • ronron SERLists.com

@grax1 - This is just a humble suggestion from a guy that lives off affiliate income. Why don't you just get the domains, create the general structure of pages, populate the privacy, contact us, etc with the regular content, and then just use Article Builder or spins in general on the main content pages.

I honestly think you are doing this in reverse order. You have no idea if any site will rank. I would never invest first, and then pray that I rank. I would try to get the spin sites to crack 50 or lower, and then hire the folks to do the content on those good sites asap.

that's exactly why I asked question here, I knew there will be someone with totally different point of view that would give me a new idea that I most probably would need ages to figure out myself, lol. Thank you @ron. I never thought about it like this. I think I will give this one a try. 

"etc with the regular content, and then just use Article Builder or spins in general on the main content pages."

You would fill out the whole site with spinned content or only main landing pages - you got me a bit confused with "regular content" and not quite sure now.
  • I think @ron means that you build your site structure up fill it with spun content, rank it into the top 50, if it does rank, replace the spun content with quality (regular) content and start promoting the hell out of it.
  • ronron SERLists.com

@grax1 - Exactly what @PaulieP said above. Whatever pages you have that you wish to rank - just put some spin on there (preferably good human spin like Article Builder).

What I meant by regular content was we all use boilerplate content for the privacy, terms, contact us, etc. So those are your standard docs (I.e., regular content). I should have been more clear on that part.

• edited June 2014
    You should decide whether you want to build a business model with longevity and scalability or a churn and burn affiliate model. You can use either approach. The former will most likely make you more money in the long run but it will be more expensive to set up and maintain as you run it more like a real business. What you should really be striving for is creating an SEM/SEO system that is successful, replicatable, and scalable. 

Ranking sites in 2014 is actually really easy Post-Penguin/Panda. Believe, me I've tanked a lot of sites over the years but have also ranked some really big winners. It's more important to understand the why than the how. You should differentiate yourself from every other SEO/marketer and do things differently to get the edge. With out being preachy and sounding holier-than-though I would suggest NOT using the same exact link schemes, link lists, and vendors plastered on every Blackhat forum.  It's great to mastermind and all but as soon as you start copying everyone else and leaving footprints you put your sites at risk. Do your own testing, experiment, and create your own systems and you will be surprised how simple and effective SEO can be. 

BTW, GSA SER is incredible and extremely powerful but you have you need to use it intelligently to get the best results. 
    @sweeppicker thanks for sharing your experience and attitude to SEO and BullshitSEO. Hard to disagree here, that almost every hot method becomes useless after time since it becomes "Spam" Team #1 target at the moment it becomes so hot IMO. 

As for ranking sites, I used to make some quick buck - nothing big - using SER with some really thin sites but the last update totally destroyed my earnings and now I focused on less links, but that are HQ and relevant - which I achieve by creating PBN - which is definitely HOT topic in SEO world right night but I think it would be harder to hit this so that there would be no chance to take the advantage of PBN so I decided to focus on that and I gave up spamming with SER, but I think I will get back to it since the whole ranking sites process with PBN-approach, at least in my case requires time and even though I develop my current strategy by checking out what top 1-3 sites are doing, and not what people are sharing on forums (easy way to spread some bs-strategies), I'm still afraid I could fail with my PBN and with the current earnings it's harder to be patient. So generally that's why I asked about switching content from site to site - as I wanted to build some sites and try churn and burn for a quick buck at the same time testing my ranking method that would require much time. 

If I already came to PBN, do you guys have any successful experience with combining SER and PBN ? I own a PBN but I haven't ranked anything with that yet as I recently ended the process of grabing some domains - ended up with 50-60 which is fine to rank for a lot of nice terms according to what I've found by analyzing top serps, and now I just started to create 1st links