Skip to content

List Management Query AND Featured Request

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited December 2012 in Need Help
I want to put together a database of really quality blog comment places as well as manually post to the failed submissions of a high PR within my niche.

I have had a look at the failed blog platform list and it's 50mb. 

What I want to do is as follows:
1) Sort it into platforms that are able to take a comment.
2) Order it by PR and reject any PR below 1. (can use SB for this) 

Here's the issue:
1) There are so many sites that are .html or other that do not accept blog comments. How do I remove/sort these, so I only need to check the PR of ones that accept blog posts? (Given that GSA tried to post here it should have this data somewhere as to which ones allowed a comment to be posted)

This then leads on to the feature request:

Surely we should be able to save a FAILED AND a IDENTIFIED list and be able to sort by:
  • Failed Reason - E.g. capcha not solved, not recognised, not approved comment. 
  • Failed Per Project - then you can keep niches separate. E.g. keep food and sport failed lists separate. 
This is very important, as some niches just do not have that many niche related places to post a link to...so you have to make sure you get the ones that are available! To do this you need to see which project, and the reason for the failed. 

It just makes sense to me. Given that so many resources are used to find these platforms/link, we might as well have a method to use them and sort them. I have a 50mb general blog failed file...in a short time...imagine how many good possibilities are in here! 

Tagged:

Comments

• Hey @globalgoogler,

Looks like you could greatly benefit from the sick platform reader. Its free and I think it could do exactly what you want it to do.

You can modify the filter.txt and put in your own footprints to identify if the site accepts comments or not. it also checks PR I believe.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @theorbital - thanks...will give it a go. 
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @theorbital - thanks for that tool. Will give it a whirl. What are your thoughts on better list management?

Basically, instead of the "Clear Target URL" and having to reparse/search everything, let's focus on the identified, and submitted sites. TO MAXIMISE how we get them to the verified list. This needs to be per project. 

i.e. Given that so many resources are used to find these platforms/link, we might as well have a method to use them and sort them.