Skip to content

GSA Macros + KM options 4 pulling content from folders

edited June 2014 in Other / Mixed
can you use any macros that can pull content form KM imported file?

let say I have:  C:\weightloss\weighloss1.txt, weightloss2.txt, weightloss3.txt

KM has all data fields in weightloss#.txt file and uses tokens such as: URL, keywords, Anchor_text, etc to define the content itself.

If I use %spinfolder-<folder>% in each GSA data field ( title, body, description, etc) will GSA pull the related content from that weightloss1.xt for the Title, weightloss1/txt for Body, weightloss1.txt for Description, etc  ?

Having to create a folder for each data filed on the desktop, and then going and filling out all data fields with the Macros is more time consuming..

Thanks for ur input..,

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I don't know what content is like in that file but if it's a file with just an article in it, you can use it as a macro in the article data.
  • Each *.txt file, lets say in:C:\weightloss\weighloss1.txt, weightloss2.txt, weightloss3.txt

has all the data fields in it: title, summary, comments, bio, etc.
    http://screencast.com/t/fqYArALpx

Is there an option to "Auto fill" fields form folder? Otherwise I have to put bunch of folders on My desktop with each data filed separately.

Thank you,
    whats wrong with importing it to SER? Just the amount of clicks?
  • edited June 2014
    Sven,
    thanks for ur response, and happy monday..
    I wanna keep  GSA as lean as possible, and not load it with 100-s huge .txt files.  Isnt that the purpose of pulling content form folders, anyway?
    :)]
    if you organize the files differently, you could use columnspinfile as macro.