Skip to content

Some questions/thoughts about tier 1 link building

Hi, I've been reading a lot on this forum, and been using @ron's tiered structure to build my links structure these couple of weeks, and I've been having this thought and would like to seek the community's input/opinion.

In order to maintain the longevity of my money site through the use of tier 1s, I am thinking of creating all these tier 1 links manually first, but without the links to my money site at first. I will use web 2.0 sites to create these.

I will then proceed to insert these into GSA and fire up the tier 1a, tier 2, tier 2a, tier 3, tier 3a to increase the power of these tier 1s.

After maybe 1-2 weeks (I believe this is a safe period for moderation/deletion), then I go back and link from within these articles to my money site at a drip rate and monitoring the rankings as I go along.

Reason for the delayed linking is because under a more natural state of people linking to sites, they don't link and delete at a high rate. My theory is, if we hit the gas pedal from the get-go with links from tier 1s, and then these web 2.0 sites proceed to delete off these properties, it kinda look fishy in google's eyes and may raise a flag towards my money site. But if we take it the way I mentioned above, links stayed for longer with much much lesser attrition, and looks more natural in terms of links growth.

What do you think or what is your contrary opinion on the above?

Comments

• edited June 2014
    the day; tier1s that are only made of web2.0s are long gone.

• @derdor can you explain a little more...I'm still using web 2.0s and doing very well...but keen to learn more.
  • edited June 2014
    @JudderMan First of all i don't do churn&burn sites so my way usually goes slow & steady.
    i am also using lots of web2.0s for my Tier1 since i am lifetime subscriber of FCS. But also i use them heavily for my tier2 too with content from SCM.
    But my main link juice comes from PBN and blog posts from high authority sites which do NOT give URLS to  customers.

As for PBN, buying expired PR/DA/PA/MR domain prices getting ridiculous every single day so i usualy register a free, domain for $2-3 on godaddy and assuming you will use it for 3 years +$17 for the rest 2 years and a very cheap hosting, generally around $10/year makes $16 cost/year.

And if you know your way around you can sell links from these sites to people who know what they are doing again without the site URL. But keep this  link selling only to 2-3 people. The reason is you don't want to make money from your High DA tier1 links, it is risky, what you want to do is bring the cost of domain hosting+original content to zero. So you can get more and more domains for your tier1 everyday.

Since it costs nothing and almost takes no time since you will be outsourcing content.

• Hi @derdor, what do you do with those expired domain that you buy? Since you are buying them so cheaply, I would presume these are domains that has little to no PR. Do you put these into the tiering structure and let it run to build up the PR of these domains?
  • @qwiz
    from time to time i buy expired domain with high DA/PA etc but here is the deal...
    DA/PA ranks are not very stable never ever trust them. I have PA 55 of web2.0s, but %90 of links are pure spam. So you need to check them for every sign, even if you want to pay that price it is becoming more overwhelming everyday even with registercompass.

So what i do is try to find a "free to register" domain with usually partial or LSI keyword i want to rank for my M$ and i outsource for couple of articles.Use this as my tier1.
    There are times when i use SCM for tier1's but never on the page that i have link to my moneysite. 

This way works for me but then again i am a slow&steady guy. I don't know anything about churn&burn sites and methods, never tried to make one of them. I only build authority sites with minimum couple of hundred pages of original content.

• @derdor, what is SCM?
  • @derdor quality insight . 
  • @qwix Seo Content Machine

@spammasta Thanx mate
  • @derdor thanks man :) Food for thought. I'm increasingly going down the churn and burn route, but ironically, they keep on ranking. Only lost a handful of sites at the beginning. Plus, they cost <$40 each in total so I don't mind if they get penalised. 
  • Hi @judderman, what are you doing in terms of churning and burning? Is it all tiered structures with web 2.0s as tier 1s only?
  • It's years of hard work that's what I'm doing :)
  • Hi @judderman, appreciate that hard work is necessary to do well. If you don't mind sharing about how you get your churn & burn sites to keep ranking, is it through tiered structures, or do you do something that is uniquely yours?