Skip to content

I think i found out why i don't rank, WHAT IS THIS THING???

Why is that chinese word used as anchor text for the most of my links??? I never wrote that in the anchor texts box. I checked a video ranked with gsa 5 months ago and i don't have that chinese word, the most used anchor text is the keyword i added. And this chinese anchor text is not only on this video but on all videos i tried to rank recently!!!

Comments

• Look through the example pages on Ahrefs and find the engines creating these anchors. You can also right click in the engine selection and uncheck engines without anchors or something like that.

It is a guestbooke engine called Dedeims that is responsible for that chinese anchor and possibly another one as well.
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    You should disable platforms that don't use your anchor text. Some platforms don't allow anchor text and you end up with weird anchors. 

• s4nt0s ok that's great thanks
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @andreig03 - Dedeims and Easy Guestbook are the two worst culprits.
  • Iv got the same bloody issue. 47% of my links have one Chinese character. Now im trying to dilute.

If you uncheck engines that use no anchor text what are you left with? Nothing to post too.
  • mikie46 unchek only Dedeims, that solved it for me
  • @mikie46, you got the uncheck option all wrong. It disables all engines that doesn't use YOUR anchor texts, but rather some default instead like the chinese ones. You're left with plenty of targets after using this uncheck option.
  • DediEMS - Something like this. It is a engine under guestbook. Uncheck it
  • edited June 2014
    what the hell am i checking and unchecking exactly? lots of checking advice in this thread haha

@cozziola I hope this helps ;)
  • Ok guys thanks, got it!
  • Guestbook isnt contextual though is it?

I thought stuff that isnt contextual breaks is a bad thing because we lose link juice.

I was planning on right clocking on the where to submit drop down field as seen above and clicking contextual type links only.

I best wait for some answers on this before i go ahead and start my first ever link build with gsa :)
  • I think we only use guestpost on last tier right?  I'm onto this shit haha