Skip to content

Clarification on "Per URL" Setting.

In the options tab on a project where you can pause it after so many verifications, I don't understand the "per URL" setting.

I get that it will pause the program after xxx verifications on the URL at the top of the data section.

The part I don't understand is if you're building tiered links from another project. Does that mean for each link you get it's going pause after xxx verifications are made for each url?

Or does this setting still apply for that level as a whole?

If my tier 1 project builds 100 links
^
^
Tier 2 is going to pause after 100 verified links "per URL"? That would be 10,000 links built.

If I understand this correctly that's a lot of links. If the math continues that's 100,000 links on Tier 3.

Am I correct on this? Any recommendations on when and how to use this setting?

Seems like it would be too many links too fast especially since the PR settings get lower and lower the more tiers you make.

Comments

• You are correct and I would use it if I have multiple urls in a project and I did not want to spam the hell out of it. Also 100 links per tier per day is probably a wee bit overkill if you even can keep up with these numbers.
  • edited June 2014
    Well right now I'm doing...

T1 PR 3 50 links
    ^
    ^
    T2 PR 1 100 links (I had clicked Per URL so really 5K URL's)
    ^
    ^
    T3 Pr 0 No limitations set

It's all so subjective, I mean what's a "normal" amount of links to build per tier relative to each other?  I know harder keywords are going to need more links over a longer period of time, but there's got to be some calulation of how many links you need as you move down the tiers.
  • It all depends on your niche and experience. There is no set rule of how many tier links to build, just do whatever you feel like and see what happens. SEO is all about testing.