Skip to content

how to deactivate a license?

edited December 2012 in Need Help
Hi,

How to deactivate a registered copy of GSA and use another
registration info? I need to get another license for my VPS, but the VPS
version is already registered and activated.
So how do I de-activate the copy on my VPS and use different registration info?
Thanks

p.s.
I already posted this in the un-official faq section and I'm not sure if that was the right place, so I decided to post here as well. I hope this won't cause the moderators much trouble.

Comments

• Simplest way would be to send private message @Sven and he will help you out. I suggest that you include IP of your VPS as well with it...
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    The license is per active running copy. So you can have 1 license, and have it installed on 20 machines...just make sure that you only run 1 machine at a time. 

You don't need to deactivate the license...just don't run more than 1 machine with the license. 
  • Thanks, I know that the license is per running copy. So here is what I want to do - I want to run at the same time a GSA copy on my PC and on my VPS.
    The PC and VPS both have the same registration info - meaning illegal activity and I'll have my license suspended if they run at the same time (Sven already did that so I had to ask to have it reactivated).
    Now, I've got another license and I want to use it on the vps - how do I change the registration info on the VPS to 2nd license?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Basically, you get 1 license key from what I've seen. On Sven's server it tells him how many times you can use it. 

So if you have purchased the program 3x, you are allowed to run it on three machines at the same time, but it has the same license key. 

If you only have 1 license, then only run it on 1 machine at a time. 
  • Ok, once again (and sorry if my english is the issue here :) ):
    I purchased a license and installed GSA on my pc and on vps. I registered both with "John Doe". When I start the GSA on pc or vps I have a working registered copy for "John Doe"
    I need to have both copies running at the same time - the one on vps and pc.
    Then I bought another copy (under different billing info, registration info etc), say "Mr Zuka"

I want to have the vps version registered to "Mr Zuka" and my pc version to "John Doe"
    Whenever I start gsa on either machine it is already registered to "John Doe" but I need to have one of them switch registration to "Mr Zuka".
    How to do that?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Send Sven a support message and he'll help you out.
  • Backup everything, uninstall GSA and then reinstall it , that should do the trick.
  • Sven responded to my PM, he said to try to backup everything, install gsa to another folder and restore, that should do it.
    I'll try it and see.