Skip to content

Spin error in comment field

Whenever I create/duplicate a new project with comment engine ticked the spintax error will pop up and everytime I have to right click on the field to choose "Default Content" to fix it. Is it only me and any advice to fix it permanently?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Can't reproduce this at all.
  • 3 of my 4 copies of SER is having this issue, only 1 of them is working fine. I tried to copy the file "comments.dat" from the working one to another 3 but still can't fix it...
  • edited June 2014
    @Sven, the end of comment field is ended with "\" image

I have saved the project after choosing "Default content", but when I re-open the project it will revert to this.

I tried to uninstall SER completely (Delete everything include registry key) and reinstall back but the problem still persist. Any idea?
    Is that project you duplicate from actually OK on the data? Please send it to me for closer lookup.
  • Sent to your email, thanks!
    that project was damaged as well.
  • It's a newly created project actually, I didn't duplicate it. The data in comment field is good at first, but if I close it and reopen, it's messed up. Just sent another newly created project to your email.
    Then the comment.dat file might be broken.
  • I've completely uninstalled SER, (remove all files/folder in "Program file" and "%Appdata%", delete all registry key using regedit by searching for ranker), download a new setup file from http://search-engine-ranker.gsa-online.de/ and install but the issue still persist.

I also opened the comments.dat file using notepad, copy the data and paste it in TheBestSpinner and the output is fine.

If the comments.dat is broken then when I load the "Default content" the data should be broken but it's not the case, the data is fine, it's messed up only when I close the project and reopen it.
    maybe it would be easier to have a look myself on that system. Can you provide access to it (send pm in that case).
  • PM sent