Skip to content

SER bandwidth distribution per thread by default?

Lets suppose we have 1 proxy with 10 active threads and 1 megabytes/sec max throughput.
And our target list consist of many lightweight < 250 kilobytes urls as well as 1 large = 50 megabytes url. HTML timeout = 50 sec.

What happens when SER gets to the fatty? Will it choke on large url, meaning that while SER is at it 9 other threads most probably will report download faileds when their HTML timeout will be reached? 

I.e. is there some kind of b/w distibution without setting Bandwidth limit in options? Or it is better to set limit if I want to make things even between threads ? 
:-?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Without that option checked it is simply taking as much bandwitch as possible.
  • Strange... If I take for example 20 proxies with 4 megabytes/sec throughput each and fire up it at 300 threads it will distribute bw something like that: 
    So its more or less even? 
    Then If I halve proxies, throughput doubles up to around 1500000-2000000 bytes/sec for each proxy...? :|
    No, this option is not taken per proxy...it's the bandwidth of your PC and for your PC it doesn't matter where the packets are sent (proxy or directly).
  • You mean that default win monitor shows wrong numbers?   :-?
    Seems alright to me... I mean, it lists proxies IP and everything...
    I was not speaking about your monitor app but how SER handles it.
  • Okay, so if it uses as much BW as possible then why:

300 threads x 10 proxy = 20x500kb = 10 mb/s total
    300 threads x 20 proxy = 10x1000kb = 10 mb/s total 
    [total allowed bw for server is 25 mb/s+]

No offense here of any kind, just trying to understand things
    :@)
    sorry I don't know what this monitor data is saying/telling you / me.