Skip to content

Multiple alternative urls

edited June 2014 in Need Help
Hi,

I'm trying to improve an engine, and I have ran into some trouble I can't seem to get around.

The registration and login pages are often not linked to on the website, so therefore I need to hit the right url with alternative url. I tried doing this:

alternative url=./link1|./link2|./link3|./link4

But this just resulted in an url looking like domain.com/link1|./link2|./link3|./link4 . How would I properly make SER try x different urls before giving up?

Also, I'm wondering what exactly the dot (.) means in the above function? I'm guessing it's stripping the url to the root domain, but if some websites has its engine on domain.com/portal/, would SER recognise this or should I rather try stripping the url to /index.php* as it often appears after either the root domain or the folder where the engine is installed?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

./ means it cuts any document or parameter and works on that same path. However there is no way to add more than one alternative links other than using a variable itself like

alternative url=%alt_url%

[alt_url]

type=extract

find url=....

find link...

default=%alt_url2%

• @Sven - I looked into it, but I can't seem to figure out what you mean with using a variable for alternative links. The reason why I want to use multiple alternative links, is because the websites using this engine are often not displaying any links to the registration form which means I can't rely on find url or link. Would you mind dumbing it a little down if you're talking about doing something differently?

Btw. the engine is always showing a 404 page with some text if that gives you any ideas for a work around? Otherwise, would it be possible for you to add functionality for this in the scripting? Basically I want to go through x urls and check if it's the correct page.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

alternative url=%alt_url%

[alt_url]

type=extract

url=/some/alt/url1

find link=link you want to use from there

find url=....

default=%alt_url2%

[alt_url2]

type=extract

url=/some/alt/url2

find link=link you want to use from there