Skip to content

[Q]What's wrong with public proxies?

Hello peeps, So i have been using 30 semi proxies and they were running a bit slow, when their subscription ended i thought what the hell i should try public proxies ( as i have not done so before ) i let gsa scrape proxies and set all settings as ditching non anonnymous non working proxies and then i see LPM rise so what i want to ask is if it's fine with LPM then what's bad about public proxies?

Comments

• They're slow. They're unreliable. They're often non anonymous.

Why don't you try another provider instead?
  • @bangkoklad i can't afford more than 30 semi proxies at the current moments or i'd be losin tons o money so public proxies is faster since i can rise Thread count as much as i want.

How are they unreliable?

Anonymous- i set gsa to remove anonymous proxies
  • Just because they test as anonymous doesn't mean they aren't leaking your IP.

And why can't you increase thread count with your semi proxies? Most providers allow 100 simultaneous connections per proxy and that's 3000 threads in your case. Also there's a lot of providers to try, so just jump around until you find someone good.
  • Well, $25 per month is hardly breaking the bank, is it?

When I started off, I tried public proxies too but, like most proper SEOs say, public proxies are an absolute disaster.

Who is your current proxy vender? It might be their fault as we know some venders are fine while others are not so fine..
  • @bangkoklad proxy-hub.com is my provider
    $25 is fine but it seemed like i need 100 proxies to go that is a $100 which is outta my budget

@fakenickahl learking IP could be a reason to avoid yeah. Since when did 1 IP handle 100 threads , proxy-hub guys told me to max 50 threads at 10 IPs.
  • try buyproxies they are the best IMO
  • bangkokladbangkoklad online
    edited June 2014
    Surprise, surprise!

I was with them very briefly before I realised how awful they were so I moved on to a new company (buyproxies) and so far so good :D
  • @Blackhatpriest - I said most providers allows 100 connections per proxy. Isn't 1500 threads enough for you though or don't you mind clicking out of memory errors all day?
  • @fakenickahl i said 50 threads per 10 proxies which is 150 per 30 proxies