Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blog Comments, Trackbacks any good??

Does the blog comments, image comments and trackbacks carry any link juice? I have been testing and seems like contextual links are performing more better for me. What are your thoughts on this?

Answers

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    A lot of people prefer to use blog comments, trackbacks, guestbooks, image comments, etc on lower tiers and the contextual platforms for higher tiers. 
  • I never do BC on any tier, although I have in the past and they definitely need to be custom written not the default ones.

I use trackbacks on some T1s, but I use custom domain and OBL filters. If you aren't using them, then avoid.
  • Thanks @spunk02010. Basically my link profile contained around 40% blog comments, trackbacks, image comments. After the recent update in May, I am not getting the same results as I used to be in past. Maybe Google re-evaluted these target sites and reduced the link juice or maybe de-valued it. Not really sure.

I tried creating a project not having these link types and I got pretty good results.