Skip to content

Preview Image - Video

edited December 2012 in Need Help
Is it possible to randomized the video preview image ?

I selected "Use Contents from a Random File" and selected the folder. The spinfolder syntax was inserted BUT when I click the "Test" button multiple times it keeps showing the same jpg file over and over again. Also, once I got out of "Test" the Preview Image spinfolder has now been replace by the actual file path of the image that was showing in "Test"

So I re-enter the spinfolder again BUT this time without going to "Test". Close the Project edit window and re-open. The spinfolder I specified in the Preview Image is now replaced with a file path to an image.

regrads....

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Sorry but this is not possible. Thats the only thing that has to stay fixed as the program needs to make sure that this file exists.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Sven - would it not be able to check the folder and see if there is a file in the folder. If no file, then error, but if any file found then it would pass. 

• also, do we really need a preview image because I believe YT embed always display the 1st frame of the video.
    that preview image is not for youtube but for the platform that links the YT video.
  • got it.

those are for platforms that does not embed the video in the page but rather it links out youtube when clicked. Right ?
    yes