Skip to content

How to Save a Tiered Template?

I know that you can save a template on the individual project, but can you save a Tiered Setup like the one pictured below? Or would I have to save each layer separately and build the Tiers each time? How can I save the whole set up?

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Select all of the tiers

Then in when you want to import it Right Click ->  "Modify Project", you need to click "Restore"
  • You can also create a Templates group like @StoimenIliev has and then just duplicate the templates rather than backing up and restoring.

Depends how "tidy" you like to keep SER

• edited May 2014
    Be warned that you can't have the same project name for each new 'group' project. 

For example, if you save a template and it has this in it:

tier 1
    tier 2
    tier 3

You will need to rename the duplicated group of projects to and keep it tidy as davbel mentioned with

site 2 tier 1
    site 2 tier 2
    site 2 tier 3

Or something like that. Makes it easier when you have hundreds of projects and they have a tiered system if you label each project with the domain name or an indentifier of some sort.

My new setup has 17 projects per domain....this is how I know how to be organised and tidy :)
  • Any advantage to separating the individual engines as layers? I guess it's the same and just checking the engine in the project. 
  • Apparently there is an advantage of not mixing spam and contextual. I'm currently testing the theory of individual engines as layers, as I want to control the exact number of submissions/verified on those anyway and this is the only way I can see of doing so.
  • @JudderMan Any update of trying to spit up the engines. 

I created a few on my own and haven't really found any advantage other than speed and control. I figure if you make a spam or contextual link in the same project, it's a link either way. 
  • Still running now @silverdot so can't say for sure if it's a good idea or not, I need to go into other projects and compare results. It's better for me to see, though, so I can keep an eye on velocity.

If you can be bothered, I guess it's most likely worth the effort, but it's a lot of work per site/URL/keyword.

Spam engines I just keep altogether as I just want maximum attack on those. Maybe I'll split them up in the future, but for now I get enough.
  • What does CDF stand for?
  • CDF = Contextual Do Follow