Skip to content

HUGE difference between 'Submitted' and 'Verified'

Well, title says it all. I get that the amount of submitted links may decrease in time and that the amount of verified might actually be a little higher than the submitted ones, but lately I got the feeling that things are getting out of control.

Before going to bed I had about ~15k submitted links. This morning it's almost 4k less. The amount of verified links is now almost 3 times the amount of submitted.
This is a spam campaign with only dofollow engines selected, but every possible engine (exploits, pingback, comment, etc. everything!)

Is this normal or is this something I should definitely look into and get fixed?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    yes especially if you use blog comments. You get not many approved on that but submitted a lot.
  • In your options have you ticked "Don't remove URLs (heck hint)"?  If not then GSA removes the submitted once it has tried to verify it more than X number of times (based on a reasonable amount of time it will be to show on the page). 

So if you submit a blog comment, then it may only check it for 1 day (maybe less?) and then if not found it will remove it from the submitted thus giving you figures like you show. 

If you tick "Don't remove URLs (heck hint)" then it should show a more proportionate number.
  • @Sven I'm sorry, but I don't quite follow. You're saying a lot of them get submitted (which increases the 'Submitted' count), but don't get approved? Then how are they getting verified in the first place? Doesn't 'Verified' mean SER checks if the link has successfully been placed?

Also, I don't have 'Reverify Links every XX' checked in my project options, since this isn't a tiered campaign and I don't mind if links get taken down eventually. But let's say I were to tick this option, would SER automatically remove links from the (project's) verified list and also decrease the amount of links under 'Verified'?
    I've always been wondering why only 'Submitted' would decrease, but not verified.
  • @Flembot Ok I understand what you're saying, but then how can a blog comment I've submitted be shown as verified in the first place?
    The way you're explaining it I understand it that if a link won't get verified after amount of time X it will be removed from 'Submitted'. But if it hasn't gotten verified in the first place then why would the number of verified links exceed the number of submitted links?
    In the scenario you've described verified links could never exceed submitted links.

But maybe I misunderstood you. Please correct me if my recap was wrong.
  • Okay, say you have 1000 submitted showing and 300 verified, with no further posting only verifying links.  Then after a day the submitted goes down to 500 (some verified and some just not going to be tried again), giving you 500 submitted and 500 verified, then as time goes by it could be that the verified list is bigger than the submitted.
  • As links get verified, they drop out of the submitted column and move to the verified column.  Also, if links are not verified within 5 days they will also drop out of the submitted column.  This is why you have a larger number of verified than submitted.
  • @Brumnick As links get verified, they drop out of the submitted column and move to the verified column

You're saying when SER goes into verification mode, the sucessfully submitted links get removed from the 'Submitted' column and move over to the 'Verified' column? Are you absolutely sure about this? Because this would pretty much explain it.
  • Case closed.
  • Try looking into your footprints as well dude, way too many no follow links ;) 

Are you posting to the same domains? 
  • @JudderMan Oh, you got me haha. Well, actually these are dummy campaigns. I was using some free verified lists to play around with SER's options :)
  • "Don't remove URLs (heck hint)" Tick this always if u are processing a raw list!
  • @randomusername, I'm curious to know why you'd use that option when processing raw lists? I've always ticked "remove on first verification try". What I'm thinking is that any url that doesn't get verified immediately is going into moderation, and there's no way in hell that any of the content I'm using will ever pass human moderation.
  • edited May 2014
  • Hmm.. I would imagine that engines that requires e-mail verification doesn't get wiped when using the option I'm using, so I really can't see how it could be beneficial to keep all urls? Also it must take for ever to go through millions of submitted urls every time it's verifying?

Also, I'm never posting to submitted lists. I see it as a waste of time to try again when they didn't verify the first time around.
  • edited May 2014
    fakenickahl I thought exactly the same about all points, but you dont see from other point of view - scripting/modding.

You see gsa often marks submission's as uknown/sucesfull, unsucesfull, or bad captcha.

Its picking text from source code of the website. Sometimes its wrong, sometimes it matches other string etc. etc.

Its impossible to make it even 90% succesfull on picking these message on this amount of platforms and languages / customizations there are.

Some websites dont even tell you about "Wrong captcha" < gsa submit wrong captcha, mark the submission as "Submitted" but cant verify the link.

After 2nd or 5th time you will get a link ;)
  • edited May 2014
    I appreciate you explaining your reasons. By that logic you should also go through all your failed urls. I guess I'm just in a different situation than you though, I have a dedi that's only going through scraped lists of unique domains and it can barely keep up with my scraping at 1500 threads. So there is no way I could rerun lists. I appreciate your interesting point of view though, thanks.

It really is easy to figure out if a submission was successful on a significant amount of engines. I've not looked through all the scripts, but the results after a submission really seem very predictable to me as the engines all return the same messages and signs of success.
  • edited May 2014
    04:57:38: [+]  34% Verification of Wordpress Article successful 

After 3rd day of verifying same links, and thats not the only one found:) fakenickahl 

To prove you whats the point:
    I just checked other, it was submitted "2014-05-28 00:42"

And verified just now, that means 5 hours
  • Now i am checking "Submitted" urls with Xrumer,
    and they are not getting verified mostly beacuse of too long urls that i am using with checked (verified link must have exact url) - some engines denny long urls. Mostly profiles.

Some article sites - dont allow HTML - they are not verified also.
    Around 4% total

That mean's its worth to have a submitted list imho. Even if you cant verify a link, it still can be there.