Skip to content

Internet stops working

My 100/100 mbit/s internet stops working every 5 minutes or slows down like hell and I have to "ipconfig/release, ipconfig/renew" for it to work again, whenever GSA is running on over 50 threads. What can this be about?
My CPU is a i5 3570k @4.2 GHz and I have 16GB of RAM, but it's most likely not the PC hardware anyway.  
It has gotten to the point where I have made a .bat file that runs release and renew in like two seconds and it fixes the problem temporarily. It only happens when a higher number of threads are being run.
Can anyone suggest any software that I can use to see some kind of error reporting on my network?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Sorry, I'm probably not much help with this but are you behind a router? Maybe the router has something to do with it. Can you bypass it and try on a computer that has a modem plugged in directly and see if that still happens?
  • I'm directly connected to a modem/router hybrid, I can't connect to anything else unfortunately.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    sounds to me like a router issue. I know it's easy to blame the hardware but it really turns out to be like that on low cost hardware in the end. I also know it's hard to validate as the only option would be buying a new one, but that unfortunately the only advise I can give.
  • That's actually great news, when I said I don't think it's the hardware, I meant my PC hardware. My router is the crappy one that the ISP sent along with the package.