Skip to content

A Few Suggestions

Hey,

I've been using SER for a little while now and have come up with a list of suggestions I would most like to see - feel free to tell me where to go if you think these will just make me even more lazy than I already am :P

1. This is a small addition....

When you create a new project you have the option to 'Enter Name', it would also be good if you had a couple more options:

- Enter Name & New Group
 - Enter Name & Select Group

2. Archive Projects (or allow multiple groups)

I have a load of old projects in SER which I run now and then, it's getting kinda messy. I think an 'archive projects' option would be good, once you select this it will place all selected projects into either a new window at the bottom of the projects list or anywhere else.

Or something which might be simpler is to allow projects to be in multiple groups, so I can simply select all projects (even if they are in a group already) and move them to an archive group; while keeping the hierarchy. At the moment I am exporting the projects and removing them from SER, since there were just too many to dig through.

3. Automated email additon to projects

Ok so I have a large text file which contains hundreds of email accounts and I am regularly topping it up (like I'm sure most SER users do). At the moment I have to copy and paste them into SER which is easy enough - unless I forget to save the file after creating several projects (we all have dumb moments don't we?), I now have emails I have already used in my list.

It would be awesome if in the main SER options (not in a project) select a file to be used for email accounts, then in the project options I could select use X amount of emails from the file, it would then automatically add them to the projct and remove the emails used from my text file.

Not sure how easy that would be to do, it was just a thought :D

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

1) added for next upd

2) you can do that already. just create a new group ARCHIVE and move them there

3) something like that is planned. Im sorry that I didn't had time to add this still. I know I promised this a couple of weeks already but this is really something that needs to be over thought here and there to not change it again in the furture.

• Sven, you are awesome - thank you!
  • RuFFCuTRuFFCuT UK
    edited May 2014
    Hey @Sven

I've just tried to use the new project / group option but I get see the below:

http://imgur.com/nDM1kG9

Is it not possible to create a new group? Or am I missing something?

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    subgroups for projects are added like group|subgroup...
  • Not sure what you mean? I have more groups than just Coolof - and why does it say Coolof options?

Thanks again!

Ricky
  • Just tried out the subgroup option and it works perfectly!

I thought I would be able to go to new, and select a group for it to go into once setup (or create a new one).
  • I love the idea of no. 3. Just have SER pick a handful of emails from one big email list would be incredible.