Skip to content

CB Max threads?

Hello,

I'm just wondering if there is a recommended number of maximum threads per instance of CB.

I ask since we're experiencing application locking, where a window is displayed stating "a bug was encountered / submit bug report" on CB, and all SER projects using CB halt until we press stop / restart CB (with the error "21:18:22: [-] 04810/14956 captcha service GSA Captcha Breaker is not responding/can`t solve")

We submitted a bug report incase these go to you / help determine the problem. As a footnote, SER and CB are both great and highly recommended, and this is one of the only issues we've encountered.

Thanks!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I didn't get that report. Please make a not to this thread on it once it happens again.
  • Hi Sven,

It happens about once every 24 hours, here is a screenshot if what happens (only one CB running, of course): http://i.imgur.com/AvKU1zL.png

I'm unable to see what the other windows say, since it is frozen.

When pressing stop on SER, nothing happens, it just says "waiting for threads to finish" (waited about a minute) and then after I try to click CB again: http://i.imgur.com/BcHztdX.png

When I terminate the CB process I receive hundreds of the error indicated: http://i.imgur.com/ppFWufB.png

Thanks.

I see you let CB solve recaptcha...thats not that wise if you don't use proxies, the captcha gets to difficult sinc e CB can not solve it with a big success rate. In the end it only gets the blobby captchas which it can not solve. You might want to turn the option on that skips hard to solve captchas with a certain success rate. Saves a lot resources and lets SER perform better. Of course not explaining the crash. I would need a bugreport (Send bugreport button window) to solve it.
  • edited May 2014
    Hi Sven,

Unfortunately most the time I can't send a bug report since all 3 windows become frozen (I'm guessing one is the bug reporting / exception handler window) Are there any logs stored locally which would be helpful?

We're using proxies, however they're on ASN's which get blobby recaptcha's by default, we'll try disabling recaptcha completely on CB.

If it helps any, every crash seems to be immediately preceded by attempting to solve a captcha from a unicode webpage (ex: all the font in the console window changes from the default font to a "unicode" looking terminal font within 2-3 lines prior to freezing)

Regardless, CB is working great we just have to restart it occasionally, for now we'll just make a script to autokill / run CB until there is a solution.

Thanks again.
    can you make a screenshot with that font display problem?
  • No problem, I'll take one next time the window is still visible upon crash.

Thanks for checking in.
  • Here is a screenshot of the font display problem:

(We tried both with and without Recaptcha, with the same results after ~24 hours)
    OK so if thats really an unicode issue then its fixed in next version.
  • Hi Sven,

For reference, this no longer happens in the latest version.

Thanks again.
    Perfect, thanks for getting feedback :)