Skip to content

Critical Bug

Just updated to the newest version and I now cannot preview articles with the new feature "Mix articles to a new one" - set to "Disabled."

When I click Preview, it says "You set the mode to Disabled!?".

Of course, my content is already spun so selecting one of those options completely messes up my spintax.

So, I'm stuck and afraid to run any of my campaigns because of this issue.

Please advise asap.

Thanks!!
Cory

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Common let's turn the brain on ;) If you disable mixing, what should the preview generate? Of course you have to choose anything else than Disabled.
  • Well, I was hoping it would work the way it used work.

It would simply do a spin of my spintax. It allows me to check the final version of my article, linking configuration and image/video embedding... of course there's always the "Test" button at the bottom that functions properly.

But this does not function as it used to, before the mixing option.

Does that make sense? I don't want mixing because I have my own spintax.

**With my spintax in there, any option I select other than "Disabled" breaks my spintax and jumbles it all up.

Thanks.
    Oh wait, you propably want to preview the article instead not the mix of many articles. For that you have to select the article in the box and press Preview next to the article box on the right. Not the preview label for the mixing option.
  • Yes, I am doing that and it still gives the error message. There is no way for me to do any sort of preview currently.

I would expect the error message if I clicked it next to the mixing option.

Thanks again! Look forward to your help.
    OK maybe it's easier if you make a screenshot and a mark the button/label you press and what error you get.
  • No need. I found the bug. Open up something with normal spintax. Press the standard Preview Minimal button and it will work.

Now, go down to the mix articles preview link with "Disabled" set. It will give you the error message.

Now go back up to the standard Preview Minimal button and it gives you the same error message as if you clicked the one down by mixing.
    Oh thanks, that explains it... will fix it.
  • Thanks!!