Skip to content

Does SER check target URL when posting in tier mode?

edited November 2012 in Need Help
Hi

I love the tier ability of SER - have a project that gets the URLs from a previous project and create links - excellent!  One thing I'm curious about...does SER check that the URL it's creating for is still live?  I regularly manually verify that the link is still active and if not, I delete it.  But it seems a waste if SER does the hard work of finding somewhere to post and tries to promote a link that is already dead.

Thanks

M.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    It is not checking that URL before building a link to it. You should do that manually (re-verify in show verified urls).
  • edited November 2012
    Thanks for getting back to me.  Perhaps an option would be good to have SER check to see if the link is active?  Either at the point when the link is chosen or in another process?  It just seems such a waste to have a link promoted that doesn't exist any more and yes, manually verifying works but submissions need to stop for it to be done.  I know there's a problem with option-overdosing but...

M.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    +1 for this. 
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    (There was a good post on the forum about it checking the header status which would be a quick way to see status of link page)