Skip to content

Anyone using Footprint Factory?

Hey, is anyone using http://fpfactory.com/ and can recommend it?

Comments

• Hi, 

no, you can get an enormous list of the JacobKing website. That or search on some of the other forums for footprint lists/ 

$67 is not so cheap for this - If you don't already have it, invest in scrape box (similar price) and use that along with GSA. 

• thanks for your reply @gsanewb29 i already own and use scrapebox. but as far as i get the point, footprint factory is capable of sorting the good from the bad footprints (finding the patterns) so scraping with those footprints is more effective.
  • No worries, just had a watch of the video. The free guide they offer is very good. To be honest, if you have  decent footprint list already I cant see the benefit of it. 

For example I have a list of 3k+ footprints. I can put it in excel, sort it, do what I want with it. If i use the concatenate function I can add keywords to it or just use the %KW% function in scrapebox. Whilst I do not doubt that there are CMS's that are not on my list. I can always add them. 

What I tend to do  if I see someone post a footprints list I add it to my current one, and delete duplicates so the list keeps building. 

So I can't really see what it offers, as it doesnt sort them in any particular order, just if you happen to come accross a CMS that you dont already have links for it will help build a list. 

There is a free version of it, so for the times you come across that unknown CMS you can go ahead and use the free one. 

• @gsanewb29, I really don't get your point. You're saying that once you have some footprints, you shouldn't care about getting better and more exclusive footprints? Of course you should always try to improve your footprints to get the best results both from scraping and verifying links. Footprint factory can help you achieve this and it'll automatically help you find common phrases or url patterns which you never would have had the time to find yourself.
  • of course you should build and keep improving the footprints, I guess try the free version then if it works out let us know. Sorry I am not more helpful :S
  • Footprint factory crashed every time I tried to use it and support would not answer the emails. Let's just say I did not get it.
  • edited May 2014
    thanks @Ferryman, that sounds pretty negative.
    @fakenickahl, @gsanewb29: that's exactly my point. for example i only do seo in german speaking areas (germany, austria, switzerland). now if i combine my keywords with the footprints GSA is equipped with out of the box i think i miss out on a lot of better fitting footprints for my language area cause a lot of webmasters use translated versions of CMSs or install pre-translated-versions...

so my related question would then be: do you guys know where i can buy a decent footprint list for german language?
  • First check engine stats in your gsa ser for your verified .
    export it into excel and sort the list and choose top 5-15 engines .
    It is useless to generate footprints for engines which hardly produce back-links .

Now you need to use the SER Footprint editor (by s4ntos) to create new footprints by hand and brain for the selected engines. It takes just half an hour .

• thanks for the hint @DonCorleone!!
  • FPF is good but wont do anything on 100% autopilot and out of the box. I was trying with to create footprints for Xrumer with fpf. Verified domains to fpf.... and nothing special - i was able to create better footprints by hand. You can create some footprints by hand, and some with fpf but dont expect any miracle. I dont think you will find many targets for german language, no matter what footprints you use. 

I suggest you Gscraper for scraping (5-10 times faster than scrapebox - that depends on footprints and your proxies). When you buy gscraper you get 7 day trial of their proxy service. Try to scrape german targets for 7 days using gscraper, GSA standard footprints and german keywords. If you get satisfying number of targets  maybe fpf can help you to get 10-20% more. If you dont get enough targets i dont think fpf can help you.
    P.S. Im using paid fpf version