Skip to content

What is the best way to import unsorted URL lists into individual projects?

I am currently scraping a big list of URLS for a GSA campaign.
I am planning to import the URLs to several projects all targeting the same site, Im going to turn off global lists for each project and just import a URL list directly to each project, the idea being that they each run a portion of the entire URL list.

Is it advisable to do that? And if so, can I "sort and import" directly to a project, or do I need to somehow sort the URL lists first, then import them into each project after they are sorted? If that makes sense??

Comments

• OK, I had a little mess around and I am thinking about doing it like this:

temporarily relocate my live "indentified" lists folder.

import and sort 1 out of my 10 URL lists that I got from scrapebox.

export as an SL file.

repeat for each of the 10 URL lists until I have 10 SL files, then import one of those into each of my 10 projects.

Will that work?
  • I'm just creating 5 projects and directly importing my deduped scrapes into these, so every project gets 1/5 of the scraped list. By doing this SER is both identifying platforms and trying to register at the same time. I believe this is more efficient for me than using the "sort in and identify" tool.
  • ^^Ah, I didn't realise that GSA would automatically sort them anyway. Do you know if that adds on much overhead? You still getting a good LPM?
  • I havn't tried doing it in any other way, but if I were to identify and import, I'd need to stop all my projects anyways. I'm getting a lpm of 200-600.
  • ^^ very nice. I think ill do the same thing in that case:-)